1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hispanics (heart) Hillary?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by writing irish, Feb 12, 2008.

1. And that's cool. I tend to shy away from political discussions, but this is too hard to ignore and I'm passionate about it, so much so I'm looking to volunteer to a mentoring program to make some kind of a difference.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

As a native Californian, I've always been fascinated by how rarely minorities vote and how influential they can be when they do...

Everybody should vote. It drives me crazy when people don't.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Not having direct experience or intimate knowledge has ever stopped us from pontificating before..

4. Oh trust me I know, but I think it's also good to get the opinions of the people who have actually experienced certain things. And that's not to say white America has no idea what they are talking about on an issue like this, but those living the experience see it a lot differently.

5. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

The Hispanic experience and their voting practices are far from monolithic.

And, instead of growing more uniform, they grow more diverse each day.

6. Mizzougrad96

This guy is definitely voting for Hillary... ;D

[​IMG]

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Hillary also does much better among working-class voters while Obama does better among people making $50,000 or more.

Personally, I think she's seen by workers as someone they can count on to roll up her sleeves and do the hard work because she's always been willing and able to throw herself into policy issues and she usually knows what she's talking about. This isn't to say Obama doesn't have a detailed understanding of policy issues; just that he hasn't yet demonstrated such facility in any broad way.

8. Mizzougrad96

I think they're voting for her because she took out ads during Telemundo...

Draft saved Draft deleted