1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HIMYM - Season 8

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Sep 24, 2012.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Kicks off tonight at Robin and Barney's wedding, with Ted apparently telling his Victoria story to Robin to soothe her pre-wedding jitters.

Also, the producers swear they're writing as if this is the last season. I'll believe that when I see it, but I am curious to see where they go this year.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, Ted's old boss landed a huge piece of business designing the newest tower on the San Francisco skyline.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Solid episode.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It was incredibly bad. Like really, really bad.

Not a single laugh in the whole episode. And, we got annoying Ted.

Just terrible.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I hate to admit that I've watched parts of too many old episodes, but I have to ask: Is there a non-annoying Ted? That character makes Zach Braff's character on Scrubs look like John Wayne.

6. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Remove the commericals, and this 30-minute episode was 22 minutes -- and I hated 21 minutes and 8 seconds of it.

The only part I found entertaining was Barney summarizing the entire series in 52 seconds. Amazing to me that it took Barney less than a minute to cover the same amount of ground for which Bays and Thomas needed eight seasons.

That strikes to the very heart of my beef with this show -- its glacial pace. Because you just know they're going to spend this entire season dragging their feet as they weave us to the Barney-Robin wedding, which means we once again will go nowhere toward the identity of the Mother.

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Best part of the episode for me too. The rest of the episode just felt pointless. We needed the rest of the time to have Lily spoil that Robin dated Barney? How has Blond Chick that Barney's Currently Banging (gah I cannot remember her name right now) missed this factoid? And honestly, I've never understood why people on this show freak out so badly when they find out that Barney and Ted dated Robin and they still all hang out.

And my god CAN WE JUST MEET THE FREAKING MOTHER ALREADY?!

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Well, Barney did say he never mentioned that fact to what's her name (I'm blanking on it, too, dammit).

9. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I will watch...but I would just like the season to be the last.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I liked it. I didn't love it. But I thought the Marshall-and-Lily-are-underwater-zombies joke was funny every time. I'm a sucker for this show. But there were enough laughs for me. And I appreciated the catch up.

11. It was OK but I agree there wasn't much in the way of comedy there.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That's about all I care about at this point. i want to see the end. I'm ready for it to be this season. I will probably watch to the end, but I will not miss the series when it's gone.

Draft saved Draft deleted