1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HIMYM: Season 6

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CitizenTino, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

True. It's not like they changed Charlie Harper to make him more than Sheen's recent exploits. If he puts a knife to his girlfriend's throat, it might change that.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'll give them a pass on that one last night, because in reality it was tying up a loose storyline from last season with the roommate.

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

No, that was the bait. That loose end is still loose. We still haven't met the roommate, though we have reason to suspect she may swing both ways...

4. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I think they were trying to reintroduce the storyline to remind everyone that the roommate is the mother. And this was slightly different, because it wasn't like he was in a relationship with the blonde.

Plus, I think it's fairly safe to assume the mother is not a blonde. Given the main long term relationships were with brunettes, the kids have dark hair (though, I guess Ted could have been the reason for that).

There was also a hint that the yellow umbrella would be making an appearance at the wedding, since it started raining, Ted asked Marshall if he brought an umbrella and the answer was no.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Oh. I apparently didn't have my coffee when I had watched the episode since I thought that was the roommate. Oops. Thanks for clearing it up.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Remember, they said the roommate is the mother. For all of the little tricks they have pulled on this show, they haven't lied.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

This is true. I was hoping they weren't pulling a fast one.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Nice to see Ben Vereen and Wayne Brady, but oy that was bad.

9. outofplace

Yup. More pathetic Barney instead of awesome Barney. Meh.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The only funny parts were when he was trying to sing along with Stand By Me. Otherwise, yeah, very meh.

11. outofplace

Ugh. I didn't even like that. Just made me cringe. And they beat it into the ground, too.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The writing was weak in those scenes, but NPH was so manic that it was somewhat amusing.

I wasn't paying attention to the last Saget voiceover. I read in Sepinwall's comments that the close captioning said that Barney would be meeting his father soon, but the voiceover didn't mention it. A little strange.

Draft saved Draft deleted