1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HIMYM: Season 5

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Begins tonight.

"Barrobin" isn't nearly as good as "Robney" as a name for the couple of Barney and Robin.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm still not sold on having them get together, but I'm excited for the new season anyway.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I'll have to tape HIMYM and BBT while watching the season premier of House.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You only think you're happy because you feel happy.

6. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

It was alright. I'm not yet tired of this barney-robin thing ... but I could envision myself getting bored with it if it hangs around too long.

7. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Kinda weak on the HIMYM laugh scale, however, I did enjoy Barney's likening dating women to gremlins, "there's 3 simple rules: 1. Don't get them wet (don't let them shower at your place), 2. Don't expose them to sunlight (don't be seen with them during the day) and 3. Don't feed them after midnight (Don't give 'em breakfast)."

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

"Flugelhorn"

9. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Barney-Robin part of the episode was good. Ted's teaching debut, not so good.

10. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

So, if I understood that correctly, the mom wasn't actually in his architecture class; she was actually in the Econ 315 class that he THOUGHT was his Architecture 101 class?

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Which makes it much less creepy.

Shockey will be relieved.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Barney and Robin were good, but everything else felt a little off or forced. I'll chalk it up to the fact that the show has a unique rhythm and they may be a little rusty.

Draft saved Draft deleted