1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HIMYM -- Season 4

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Sep 23, 2008.

1. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Re: HIMYM -- Season 4, episode 1

I mentioned to my family last week that Sheldon probably is the best actor on that show. (But, admittedly, I watch it because of Penny. She is so much better than she was on that show "rules for dating my daughter" or whatever it was.)
    We stick with CBS all night and when the 9:30 show comes on, I check SportsJournalists.com until CSI Miami starts.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm not going to claim that it was ever "great television" but I loved "8 Simple Rules". I miss John Ritter.

Worst Week is god-fucking awful.

3. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I liked Worst Week the first episode ... then after watching two and now three, I realize it's the same its-not-what-it seems bullshit situations. Like an awkward and unfunny Meet the Parents.

4. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

What's this about Robin winding up in Ted's apartment? I missed the first minute or two of week 2's episode.... Was it in there? I think I've seen all other eps.

5. RayKinsella

RayKinsella Member

Spoiler.

They slept together. Now Barney is in love with Robin (Which, if you think about it, is a sign the show is trying too hard). True fans know Barney could only fall in love with one person, himself.

The season has been so-so. I hope it picks up. I can always tell which show is better between HIMYM and Big Bang by which one I want to watch first on DVR and Big Bang has been winning. And yes, a large part of that is because of Penny. Also, Two and a Half Men is still effin funny.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Disappointed in last night's show. Though I did like the mini-flashbacks.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There was a reference to it in an episode last season. I think it was Ted's birthday. The whole stupid thing with the goat. Future Ted said that it turned out to be something that happened the next year, when Robin was living there.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I didn't notice it, but someone at work said that in the flash forward, Ted wasn't wearing a wedding ring. Doesn't necessarily mean that he and Stella aren't still together.

9. WS

WS Member

well, Stella wasn't at the group table. I don't think he was wearing one either.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I like this episode. I especially liked it when Robin drank and entire case of Molson and got all super Canadian. I like when HIMYM plays with time. It's sort of essential to make it more than just a tradition 3-camera sitcom with a laugh track.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I just generally like it when they give you a little bit of foreshadowing that things may not turn out the way you're thinking they will.

That's what gives HIMYM an edge.

12. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

When will last night's episode be repeated?
    I just couldn't keep track of what was going on flipping over between innings of the Dodgers game.
    (NOTE: Every time I've tried to watch anything on cbs.com, it plays about 15 seconds then gets stuck.)

Draft saved Draft deleted