1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary's in for 2008

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

So where does John Edwards' hair figure into that? The media thought that was pretty important in 2004.

2. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

That is just the media being stupid.

3. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Thank God so.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Obama seems totally turn of phrase, Edwards screams pure calculation, and Hillary is probably unelectable. As far as names I know, Reid would be a good Dem candidate, I think. I believe Murtha would be a helluva VP candidate, taking a lot of flak and letting a Reid type seem more statesmanlike in comparison.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

They do that well.

6. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Dooley, you really don't Murtha as a VP candidate. There is just too much dirt there -- shady earmarks, etc. Murtha is an old school, smoke-filled room wheeler-dealer and those guys are never clean enough for a national campaign. One of the things that will make 2008 so fun to watch unfold is the fact that neither side has the silver bullet candidate where you go, "OK, that guy/gal could be unbeatable in a general election."

7. patchs

patchs Active Member

Liberal?
    Not exactly, just a GOPer that leans a little to the left.

8. The Howler has been bookmarked on my computer since mid-1998. The guy's a one-man show -- mandatory disclaimer: he was once Al Gore's roommate -- and he really works hard.

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Here's where I am on the presidential ticket and have been for the past, oh, four elections: There is no one on the political landscape whom I would trust implicitly. They're all unpalatable in one form or another. And this election, like every other in my lifetime, will come down to whom the most states feel is the lesser of two evils. Hillary is more evil than anyone the Republican Party is likely to pony up.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Absolutely, but I couldn't vote for Tracy Flick Sr.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

EXACTLY. The Atlantic Monthly ran a long piece about her a few motnhs ago and the character trait that came across most severly about Hilary is LOYALTY. The same trait that Bush proclaims to be his one guiding principle. Hilary and Geroge W are very similar.

12. If you want the Republicans to win put Hillary on the ticket, if you REALLY want the Republicans to win put Obama on the ticket. Every state between Massachusetts and California would freak out.

Why can't Reagan just come back from the dead and run?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.