1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary's in for 2008

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patchs

patchs Active Member

Speaking as a upstate NYer, she ain't done jack shit for this state.
    And as a GOPer, you might think I'm prejudice against Dems.
    Nope, I voted for Chuck Schumer in 2004, because he actually shows he cares about upstate, and I'm not talking Westchester County.
    Hillary only wanted to be a senator for 1 reason and she announced it today.
    She used NY in the process.
    The rubes fell under her spell.
    I only have 1 question for Ms. Clinton.
    Why didn't you run for the senate in Illinois (where you were raised) or Arkansas (where you spent the majority of your adult life)?
    And we know the answer to that one. She would have lost (especially in Ark.) badly.

2. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Of course, with a Clinton in the running, this clinches that the 2008 presidential process will be covered by the shit-for-brains Washington press corps in an even more inane, juvenile way.

http://www.dailyhowler.com/dh011907.shtml

http://mediamatters.org/items/200701200002

The most serious problem with how we choose leaders in this country has nothing to do with the candidates. The fake, phony man who has sat in the Oval Office since 2000 and the motley crew of incompetents that surrounds him is a symptom, not the disease.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Bottom line: Bill Richardson is running for VP.

4. In the primary? Not a chance in the world I'd vote for her.
    In the general, against anybody but Hagel, who isn't running, probably.

5. Yes, and we'll never find out about how she killed Vince Foster.
    Give it up.

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

No way am I voting for Hillary in the primary.

But if she does win the presidency, will she get caught receiving cunnilingus from an intern or is she going to be more descrete about those matters than her husband was? 8)

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Hey, Moddy! I looked it up! As it turns out, there WAS one vice-presidential candidate who accepted the second spot after running as a VP on a losing ticket. And it was a good career move, too.
    John Tyler was the VP candidate on the Whig ticket in 1836 which lost to Martin Van Buren. Four years later, Tyler was again the Whig veep, running as second banana to William Henry Harrison.
    Tippecanoe and Tyler too swept to victory, Harrison kicked the bucket 40 days after taking the oath of office, and Tyler became the 10th president of the United States.
    Here's where it gets weird, there are also two guys who were elected vice president, served a term, then came back and ran again as second banana behind an entirely new candidate, only to lose.
    Democrat Adlai Stevenson, grandfather of the one who ran against Ike, was Grover Cleveland's veep from 1893-97. He was William Jennings Bryan's running mate in 1900, and lost to McKinley and Teddy Roosevelt.
    Republican Charles Fairbanks was TR's vice president from 1905-09. He was his party's veep nominee in 1916, but Charles Hughes lost to woodrow Wilson.
    Stevenson and Fairbanks must've been TOTALLY unemployable in the private sector. My research shows, however, that maybe Edwards wouldn't mind another turn at being V.P. If anyone sees him reading a biography of Tyler, we'll know why.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Jay Leno!

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

That's excellent work Mr. Gee.
    Nothing is anonymous as a losing vice presidential candidate.

10. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I want Colin Powell and Joe Lieberman to team up on an Unenrolled ticket!

11. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Perot '08! ;) :)

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Will any of the declared Presidential candidates so far make an independent run at the White House should he/she lose the primary?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.