1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary or George

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Aug 4, 2006.

?

Which person is/would be more divisive as president

Poll closed Aug 11, 2006.
  1. Hillary Clinton

29.8%
  2. George W. Bush

35.1%
  3. Both the same

35.1%
  1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Simple question, based on Dog's post.
    I can't stand Shrub. I'm a Democrat. But I also think that Hillary would create a greater gap between left and right....

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'm thinking both would be the same, but certainly there does appear to be a much more vitriolic reaction toward Hillary. Give the Shrub a couple of more years, though, and maybe things will be equal.

3. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

They seem to be loathed about equally, though for very different reasons.

4. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Is ass to mouth an option in this poll?

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hillary would be more divisive. She'd be split about 50-50.

About 70 percent of the country has come to conclusion that W is a turd.

6. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Hillary. First on the basis that she would be a woman in highest power position in the United States. Second, she'd be sweeping in changes, and people inherently fear change. Third, she has the task of soothing the angry Dems and appeasing the GOP in Bush's wake.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure she could appease the GOP, which loathes her. Barack Obama could do it, but Hillary tends to polarize people's feelings, much in the same way as when you say "Bush."

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Whichever is pro-breast feeding in public.

9. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Although this was meant for sarcasm it comes across very true. Hillary's intelligence is going to hinder her with "normal" folk who aren't used to seeing intelligent, outspoken women that aren't under the rule of less intelligent men (i.e. Condi Rice). Her political ways of playing both sides are no different than say John McCain, but she's less soothing in her methods of doing it so people don't believe it's as geniune.

Right now her biggest ally in obtaining the presidential office is the guy sitting in there. In two years the voters might desire someone that doesn't come across as average intelligence and chummy with the people that love to fuck Americans up the ass.

Also it bears watching on who she decides to run with. Maybe she decides to run with a guy that is appealing over the midwest like Evan Bayh from Indiana. Maybe she tries the John Edwards route to see if it can work a second time. With her it really comes to who she aligns herself with.

Put her in a national race and she probably does better in the South than John Kerry. Much like the Bush family, I wouldn't underestimate the Clintons, their record in elections speaks for itself.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Or actually breast feeds in public. ;)

11. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Hey I'd be for a woman in office that high. Condi Rice for president! ;D

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Hillary would indeed appear to be the Democrats' frontrunner heading into 2008.

But Iowa and New Hampshire historically have a way of knocking heavy Democratic favorites off when the Dems' nomination is open (see Howard Dean, Edmund Muskie) and bestowing someone new "momentum" (see John Kerry, George McGovern).

Scandal trips up others before the first vote is cast (Gary Hart, Joe Biden, Ted Kennedy).

Personally I'd love to see Wesley Clark have another go at it and let the Clintons use their clout for him behind the scenes.

Draft saved Draft deleted