1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary Clinton and the Lengths She Will Go

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), May 24, 2008.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Again: ?

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I think what this forum needs is another thread about Hillary Clinton and how shameless she is -- complete with Jay Farrer leading the charge for the Clinton propaganda machine against anyone who will listen because there clearly aren't enough of these types of threads and discussions floating out there......

And by reading Jay Farrer, I have figured out how Hillary Clinton can win based on the rules that really matter.....Delegate counts? Meaningless! Number of states won? Meaningless!

What really matters?

The Popular vote ---

All Hillary will win that all we have to do is get Howard Dean to agree to ......

Add in Florida and Michigan -- two states which only one candidate campaigned in -- and was the only one on the ballot in the other -- despite the fact that both states were eliminated from being relevant prior to the campaign.

Add in Puerto Rico -- even though it doesn't count towards popular vote totals according to the rules set up prior to the campaign.

Eliminate any state with more than 20 percent of the Democratic voters being black, because well, that's an unfair advantage for Obama and African-Americans and eggheads don't count anyway.

Eliminate any state we have no chance in hell of winning in November, except for Indiana and Kentucky because those two states have lots of real (read: white) Americans....

Don't count any of the estimated votes from any of the caucus states because that doesn't count so we can't count em because we are only counting votes that we like....

Small states don't count -- well except for New Hampshire and West Virginia, again, where real Americans live.

And finally, big states Republicans will win don't count, either, well except for Texas......

Add that all up and Hillary is ahead in the popular vote by 54,867 votes -- you see that proves she is the better candidate.

I mean, my God -- it is easy to make a case for how you can win if you continually change the rules to favor your side.....

Thankfully, however, reality continues to set in daily and even the most delusional Clinton-ites are beginning to up their dosage of Lithium so they can return to some for of rational thought......

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

By that I'm assuming you mean that both John Kerry and John Edwards publicly praised Mary Cheney for her openness regarding her sexuality. How dare they! Evil fiends. ::)

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It wasn't a state secret there was a lesbian in their midst.

Moving right along . . .

5. Lesbian in their Midst?

Was that a book by Dian Fosse?

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Oh, they were disingenuous, the mentions. No two ways about it.

But in terms of a life's body of work, neither Kerry nor Edwards come close to the VP of the present regime in terms of being Hippocritical Oafs.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Hmmm...there's a difference between making a semi-genuine effort at praise, even if it's for political gain. But it's certainly better than hammering her for political gain. Which would YOU rather have?

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

No argument. As noted, Kerry and Edwards were shadowboxing. Cheney loves the Big Lie, and can't live without it.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I guess I'm still waiting on A_QB to tell me exactly what the Dems did to her, then. Because if that's the worst they did, then I'm even more confused at his using this as a point of outrage at the Dems.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Maybe they mocked Cheney's daughter's war service by wearing Purple Heart band-aids to the Republican convention?

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yeah, dragging a guy's daughter into the campaign when she wants nothing more than to remain a private figure is just fucking peachy.

But whatever you do, don't pick on Chelsea...

Her sexual orientation had nothing to do with my point. She wasn't involved in the campaign, wasn't running for anything yet Kerry and Edwards decided to drag her into it whether she wanted to be involved or not.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I can't put a number on how many times Chelsea's braces, freckles, curls and pre-pubescent awkwardness were brought up on radio.

Draft saved Draft deleted