1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary cancels appearances - or not

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, May 7, 2008.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Re: Hillary cancels appearances

As I posted on the other thread.......

If you add Michigan and Florida -- regardless of how you feel about it -- HILLARY IS STILL BEHIND IN THE POPULAR VOTE BY ABOUT 200,000 votes, which given the fact that they will likely split the last six primaries means he can't be caught.

And if you give her 60 percent of the delegates from those two states and 40 percent to him -- a ridiculuosly high number but play along -- she is still behind in the delegate count by roughly 100 -- an insurmountable deficit to overcome.

This whole Florida/Michigan argument is ridiculous because even with those two states added in and generously in her favor -- SHE.STILL.CAN'T. WIN.

The argument by her supporters is the equivalent of Houston Oilers fans whining about Mike Renfro's apparent touchdown catch against the Steelers in the 1980 AFC championship game being overturned and called incomplete -- you want that damn touchdown to count? I say, take it -- you still lose 27-20 so now you can go back to where you came from and STFU..........

2. Re: Hillary cancels appearances

That split is what's going to happen, I think, or something like it.
    The Obama people are now in a position to be magnanimous about it.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Or Al Gore's supporters in 2000.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Not to threadjack, but that is one of the most entertaining and ... sadly ... enlightening set of posts I've seen in a while.

5. Re: Hillary cancels appearances

Little Man' s looking like he just got the cal from Jack O'Connell about Cooperstown.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The Obama people have seen this denouement coming, for quite a while.

Those on the other side have been suffering from blurred vision vis a vis this
    aspect of the Kampf.

7. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Cranberry: Give me a fair way to count Florida and Michigan delegates at the convention and I'm all for it. But at this point, it absolutely cannot be done.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The story is now off my old paper's Web site and replaced by one detailing the loan to her campaign.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yep. She's now $11.5 million in hock to herself, plus the $4 million she owes Mark Penn. If Obama wants her to quit, he's likely going to have to settle her debt.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

She's the one beating the dead mule.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That has to be like monopoly money to her. Her and her husband have earned $110 million in reported income since he left office. That doesn't include the perks you get as an ex-president or a current Senator who is having a lot of things, including what would be luxuries to you and I, paid for by campaign funds. She may be financing her campaign to that degree, but she will hardly be hurting for riches when this is all done.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Screw that, then.

Expose her for the fraud she is. Period.

All the while, it's time for him to start ignoring her and start talking only about McCain.

Draft saved Draft deleted