1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary and protection money, er, campaign contributions

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Oct 19, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Stop making personal attacks on baseless grounds and then we'll take you seriously.

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I'm not sure what the problem is. These people are giving $10 or $20 at a time, pulling it together and providing it as a community.

How is this different than a parish passing around their donor tray and asking people that make barely nothing to give to the church?

At least in giving the money to a politician you have a chance of receiving something back in return.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Community Organizers? Is that lefty code for faith based recipients of tax payer money? It's OK as long as they send their children to public school.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yes, it had nothing at all. Does he really believe this is "people banding together." Funny thing, as the story says, is they can't find most of these "people." Anyone with half a brain knows this is more campaign finance laws being tossed aside.

5. old_tony

If you'd read the story, you'd see they're all down for $1,000 donations. And most of them are making about 20k a year or less.

6. old_tony

Seeing as you have nothing, you have to try to change the subject. A joke about these two public figures is not a personal attack against any one of the people here. You may need to try to frame it that way because the facts are so against you, but my making a comment about the Clintons is not on par with the personal attacks against me here because the facts are against your side.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Are you implying that larger donors, who have given as much as they can, are donating in other peoples names to boost HRC's coffers?

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. old_tony

No, I'm not implying that at all. I'm coming right out and saying it.

10. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Good for you.

11. old_tony

Another lefty with nothing. Not exactly shocking.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, that's brilliant, you are on to something there genius - you get more on your return for giving money to a political campaign than a church, most of which provide day-to-day care for people not just in the parish but in the community as well.

The church I attend has a food bank, a clothing bank, runs a shelter for battered women, contributes to two food banks in the inner city, has an educational program for single and/or widowed mothers and has contributed countless thousands of dollars to build schools and hospitals in third-world countries all around the world and has a yearly meeting where every dollar that has come in is publicly accounted for in a detailed business report.

Yeah, I'm sure I'd get the same bang for my dollars by donating to a bunch of millionaire politicians whose only ambitions are to get elected or re-elected and they couldn't give two shits about anything else.

Draft saved Draft deleted