1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hilarious gag pulled on a telemarketer

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ondeadline, Oct 30, 2006.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

2. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

That was pretty funny.

Of course, with the no-call list, I don't think I've gotten a telemarketing call (except for election stuff) in a couple years.

3. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

funny.

but my time is worth more to me than to spend more than 3 seconds with a telemarketer. I just tell them I am not interest and ask not to be called again. Then I hang up.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I just hang up.

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm sure somebody working for a politician will probably call in the next week!

6. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

And I'll hang up on politicians without comment.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Chances are the politican calls will be automated anyway, so you can't have fun with them.

Thank you, cell phone as the primary phone, for sparing me the headache. SUCK IT, TELEMARKETERS.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Better yet. I check Caller ID and if it says "Unavailable" or somesuch, fuggedaboutit. They'll get tired of ringing me in about 10 days.

9. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Telemarketer: "Is Mr. or Mrs. Rossi in?"

Me: "This is Joe."

Telemarketer: "Hi, this is Blanche calling from Don's BBQ Ribs and Aluminum Siding, how are you today?"

Me: "I'm great, thanks for asking."

(Click)

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Whoever they ask for --even if it's me--I just say, sorry, he/she's not in.

And quite often there's a pause between the time you say hello and the time they start the spiel. Two seconds of silence and then I hang up.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

That was damn funny...sounds like a Bob and Tom clip.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I got a Comcast CSR pretty good the other night, and i don't have cable. She called my number by mistake, and I kept her on the phone for about 30 minutes.

She'd try to end the conversation, and I'd kick in with my "hillbilly-on-disability" act, and bore her with tales of how I can't miss my "stories," and if I did, it'd "get my blood pressure up," etc.

My wife was in tears.

Draft saved Draft deleted