1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

High School Tennis Heckling causes forfeit at state

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printit, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

And you know all this by a poorly written story that lacks basic information about what happened?

You're a genius with a heart of gold.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

She should have faked an injury and retired [/s.williams]

3. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

There really is no good first name with a surname like that, but Dick might be about the worst.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Really ought to consider changing the surname for the family. Maybe from Swett to Head.

5. heyabbott

cousins?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

This guy's name was worse

RICHARD K. "DICK" FACE Age 84, passed away at Emeritus of Grand Terrace-Highgrove, CA on April 14, 2013. He was born on September 17, 1928 in St. Johns, Michigan and had lived in Grand Terrace, CA for 69 years. Richard was a heavy equipment operator working in CA, IL and other states. Dick enlisted in the Navy upon graduation from Poly HS, Class of 1946 ...

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Lots of assuming going on there. As others already said, they story is lacking in details. We don't know what was going on. You just decided to take a guess and rip the kid.

I'm not saying the kid had good reason to quit. I'm saying we don't know either way.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The parents (and kid) sound like Massholes.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Seriously? You can go with Richard, Rich, Rick, Richie, Ricky, and you self impose Dick on yourself? Makes me wonder what his middle name was and why that wan't an option.

10. heyabbott

Whether he wanted it or not he was going to be called Dick. Might as well own it.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You could make a long list of all the potential BS going on at this match.

12. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

To echo what others' have posted...

After reading the story, it's still hard to discern what the heck happened. What heckling? Were things being shouted while she was trying to serve? In the middle of points? What was being shouted? Examples, people, give me examples. Who were the hecklers? Kids? Parents?

Why did the commish attempt to move the match to another court in the middle of a match? WHY? WHY? ;D

It's too bad, because this is actually a really interesting story if we only had a few more facts and quotes surrounding those facts.

Draft saved Draft deleted