1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

High school sports writer, Greensboro, N.C.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by John Newsom, Oct 16, 2006.

1. DrRosenpenis

DrRosenpenis Member

Reserved? HAHAHA.

So what happens if I used it say, four or five times per week on this board? Do I get penalized? Suspended? Sexually violated?

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Okay boys, let's get this thread back on track and about what's truly important:

[​IMG]
    Golden Skillet
    13629 US Highway 29, South
    432-4633

What Southern town would be complete without a place to get a plateful of fried chicken? For those in your party that aren't in the mood, Golden Skillet also has roasted chicken, fried oysters, gizzards, and corndogs. And in the summer time, you can guarantee that your steaming hot food will be paired with the coldest A/C around. Open for lunch and dinner Monday - Saturday, 11 AM - 8 PM

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Yes, yes, and yes. I'll take a St. Pauli Girl.

4. DrRosenpenis

DrRosenpenis Member

You're hired!

5. dark_helmet

dark_helmet New Member

sportsjournalists.com proudly presents "Six minutes of your life you'll never get back" featuring a lame joke, a fried chicken shack and some guy who wants to be sexually violated.

6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

In a world where fried chicken means everything...

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

... pointed out by a guy who, from the looks of his sig, has done his share of violatin'

BTW, my apologies to John Newsom. What was intended to be a quick-hit joke took on a life of its own.

8. John Newsom

John Newsom Member

At the risk of reopening the Tighsqueeze/Golden Skillet discussion, I'll bump this to say there's no news and won't be until after the holidays.

We're still taking resumes, so feel free to send yours in. However, it will be branded with "Procrastinator" with a big black Sharpie.

I can say "Sharpie" here, right? There's no ban on sponsor plugs? Sorry -- it's been a very long NASCAR season.

9. John Newsom

John Newsom Member

We can still fill the job. We apparently need to perform some accounting jujitsu to make all of the numbers work.

We're not going to start interviewing until January.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Let the record show that I'll work for Krispy Kremes and Stamey's BBQ.

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Make mine a plate of brown chopped at Monk's in Lexington. It's worth the 30 minute drive. I do agree with the KKs though.

12. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Any movement here? I know John said January....well it's almost January. Us people in "less than wonderful" places are getting antsy!

Draft saved Draft deleted