1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

High school sports reporter — Columbus, Miss.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by bportnoy, Jul 6, 2022.

1. bportnoy

bportnoy New Member

Passing along a posting from my old shop in Mississippi. The Dispatch is a great local paper with good people top to bottom. I learned a ton in my two years in Starkville/Columbus. Great gig for anyone getting their start in the business.

Hello all, I'm taking over as sports editor at The Commercial Dispatch in Columbus, Mississippi. The last family-owned daily paper in the state, we're looking for a new high school sports reporter — my former job.
    The position will cover 14 high schools and East Mississippi Community College, aka "Last Chance U." There will also be opportunities to help out with Mississippi State athletics coverage.

If you're interested, email with any questions or send a cover letter, résumé and 4-5 work samples — a mix of college and professional work for recent grads is preferred — to Sports Editor Theo DeRosa at tderosa@cdispatch.com.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
Draft saved Draft deleted