1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

High School Football 9/14-9/15

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Thought I'd begin a thread.

I posted the Southlake Carroll score on the college thread in jest, but that game is really turning into an ass-kicking. Both of Evangel's QBs were knocked out. And 30-minute halftimes suck worse when you're watching on TV.

Right now I'm listening to the train wreck that is Decatur High School's radio broadcast. Sweetwater leads, 26-23, in the Gordon Wood Classic. This game is actually a good one.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Greenwood 22, Lubbock Estacado 8 halftime

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

FB, the worst ass-chewing I ever got was at Sweetwater -- and we were winning.

1A playoffs in 95. We were kicking their ass, but their passing game was hurting us a bit.

When we came into the locker room, the coach, as always, asked if anyone was hurt or needed help. He then, characteristically, sucked on his teeth, looked at us and said, "Boys, their passing game isn't hurting us, IT'S GODDAMNED KILLING US," as he tore the door off a locker.

We won 27-12.

Damn, I'm sorry. That was Frisco City.

Nevermind.

*but we did beat Sweetwater once. Beat their ass as a matter of fact.

4. Football_Bat

Decatur just tied the game at 26-26 on a FG and recovered a pooch kick. They are knocking on the door.

And the PXP man is reading relationship advice e-mails.

Gotta love Texas radio.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Is there an internet address for that station?

6. Football_Bat

http://www.fridaynightfever.net/seasonupdate.html

Click on 89.1 FM.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Thanks. Hey, Evangel finally got on the board. Sweet.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Greenwood 35, Lubbock Estacado 8. The Rangers are 3-0.

9. Football_Bat

Decatur 40, Sweetwater 26. Final.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Evangel goes from playing Southlake Carroll this week to a district team called Cotton Valley next week. Cotton Valley won one game last year -- against a school that lost about 20 games in a row before consolidating. Methinks Evangel will get right in a hurry.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Who cares? Only game that matters is Hoover. Hoover, Hoover, Hoover. We can't get enough of Hoover. It's the only team in the south and their game is the only one that matters. MTV, Fox Sports South... they know the true story... force us to watch more with their football first attitude and their pompous characture of a head coach....
    MORE HOOVER! DO YOU HEAR ME! [/had it up to here with media fellating that fucking school]

12. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Rush Propst rules.

Draft saved Draft deleted