1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

High School Football 10/13

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Non-section snoozer tonight.

Next week should be interesting, though: One of our teams visits back-to-back-to-back-to back (just for effect) state champs. Note I said interesting, not competitive.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I do however know of a paper, the largest in its state, shooting a game between a .500 team and a .333 team. This will be the .333 team's fifth game with photos of the seven so far.
    Anyone care to guess what community the publisher lives in? Hands?

3. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Saw Warren Central (Indy) for the 4th time this season.

Tonight was a "close" game for them -- a 34-3 win over a decent (but sophomore-dominated) team from south Indy (Center Grove).

Warren, ranked No. 3 (or 4) in the nation, looked sloppy at times, and still won by 31 points. VT recruit Darren Evans finishes the regular season with 1700+ yards and 36 rushing TDs in 9 games. Their average score is 50-10. The closest game they've played has been 19 points (53-34), in a conference that many believe to be the best in the Midwest.

Needless to say, I enjoy watching them.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Saw the score on the wire that Permian got its revenge for the national TV debacle a couple of years ago with a 48-21 win. Maybe the Mojo is rising.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Yet another Friday night of the death penalty ending a game early, followed by a brisk cruise through the countryside and the meth labs.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

We've got an interesting one coming up tomorrow night.

Harrisburg, ranked No. 1 in Pennsylvania, pays a visit to Moeller at UCincy's Nippert Stadium.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

We had South Panola - 17th, I think, in the latest USAT poll - in our house tonight. They were down 9-6 at halftime but won 35-9 or some such. We had a "shock the world" plan, but it wasn't needed. Too bad, really.

8. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I saw Springfield (IL) Sacred Heart-Griffin win its seventh consecutive conference title. The funny part is, these guys won the state title last year, have a 50-plus game conference win streak, and they were going to plant the flag on a visitors field before the game. The refs stopped them, though. I blame Catholics.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

HOOVER HOOVER HOOVER won tonight; came back from a 10-point deficit to beat the No. 3 team in the state with 1:14 left...
    pricks

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

8-man game we did last night........show up to town of about 400 people........press box was roughly the size of a bird house..........they have one other radio guy already in the booth, along with 9 other reps from the school....... we end up broadcasting the game outside on a camera tower, with the wind blowing out of the north at about 20 mph............number 3 beat number 4, 28-14......

11. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

One of the first games I ever called, about 20 years ago, had my partner and I standing on top of a postage stamp sized press box. we had our materials clipped to music stands that the band loaned us. It was October and that's when they begin to harvest rice. I met a bug called the Rice Beetle that night. Actually, I met about a thousand of them. My partner and I were constantly knocking these big ass bugs off of each other during the game.

Good times...or maybe not so much.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

You the coach Henry or just one of the cheerleaders?

Draft saved Draft deleted