1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

High school coach hits player in the face with helmet

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HandsomeHarley, Oct 23, 2013.

1. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

2. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Coach misunderstood the correlation of helmets and concussions.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Assuming the coach is older than about 20, maybe the Duffman character was named after him.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Jim Leavitt doesn't know what the fuss is all about.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Not really sure in which universe the idea of hitting a 15-year-old kid in the head with a large 10-pound blunt instrument with several sharp metal proturberances would really seem like a good option.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

In my day the coach made players hit themselves in the helmet. Hard. With their teammates watching and laughing. Players did it willingly because they had a sense of discipline and accountability that you can't get from playing Grand Theft Auto 5.

The wussification of America continues.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"Duff Man wants to party down with the man who hit a high schooler with a helmet. I've got a bottomless mug of new Duff Extra Cold for Duffman Pannell!"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, in my day was the heyday of head-slaps -- full arm-swing bolo-punches to the earhole -- being a fully legal and accepted technique for defensive linemen, but I still can't ever remember any coaches using helmets as 'maces' to smash us in the head.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

So would Woody Hayes.

Draft saved Draft deleted