1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

High School 9/21-9/23

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Rutland 35, Hartford 23. Touchdown runs of 79, 66, 50 and 60, but Rutland's up-the-gut toughness in the 4th quarter gets 1st downs, including one by less than inch, and eats clock until knee-taking time. Good game between staunch rivals.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Dear old Shippensburg High School runs its record to 3-1 with a 47-6 blowout of hated archrival Big Spring in the annual Little Brown Jug showdown!

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Too bad it didn't get played. I was looking forward to seeing who would destroy whom in that game.

Hey now, that's the game I look forward to every year. [sarcasm] Those teams are in my alma mater's district, so it's a pretty important game to pay attention to.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Score from Southwest Michigan.

Benton Harbor 88, Niles 47

Haven't found any details of it yet tho.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

No f'ing way, Freelance! Don't dis the heated Atherton-Valley rivalry!

I don't even know who to root for in a Trinity-St. X game. I guess St. X, even though I lived closer to Trinity in my commonwealth days, they seem less, I dunno, monolithic.

As for me, I had my first postponement in 14 years of covering high school games.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

We had a reported tornado sighting earlier in the day and unsettled weather in the later afternoon, but all games went off smoothly. Our top-ranked big-school team played our top-ranked small school.

Big wins, 24-0.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

How many points did Robert Whaley get and how many rebounds?

And HOOVER won tonight so all is right with the world. I can't wait for another week of HOOVER from our news side

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

No miracle finishes tonight. PESH 27, JT 3.

9. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

The team I cover enjoyed a 46-14 homecoming blowout over a pretty solid opponent. The quarterback had a career night, throwing for three touchdowns and running for a fourth. He accounted for all but 22 yards of home team's total offense.

The lead I wanted to go with: Senior Quarterback played Friday night like Homecoming Queen made him a promise.

Alas, I chickened out.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Wacky result of the night in the Great Southwest:

Caddo Mills, TX 28, Nevada Community 7.

Somebody drove into a transformer and blew all the lights with 4 seconds left till halftime. They waited an hour, but the electricity never came back on. The coaches agreed to call the game final.

11. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Benton Harbor beats Niles in fifth-highest scoring game in state history

Niles had a kid run for 429 yards. BH QB ran for 169 yards and five TDs and threw for 201 and two TDs. BH had 745 yards of offense.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Game I covered last night was called at the half, with the home team leading 38-6. Star running back ran for 202 yards and 3 touchdowns on 7 carries. He scored on the first two plays of the game for his team and had an 82-yarder called back because of an illegal block. He broke 7 tackles on that play, turning a blown up play into a big gain.

Draft saved Draft deleted