1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hi Sandy!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mystery Meat II, Oct 24, 2012.

1. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

"One" of the projected paths is heading straight towards my house. Like if you did a search for my house on Google Earth there would be nothing but a two-story high snowball.

So basically, early winter. I'm still pumped for my field hockey double-header on Sunday.

2. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

A rep from the local Sam's club says they already sold out of generators, of course good luck getting an electrician to hook it up. The power company has already put a call out for 2,500 additional line crews from the Midwest, they must think its going to have a big impact.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

After looking like the biggest of village idiots a year ago, CT is bending over backwards to be as prepared as humanly possible.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://news.fredericksburg.com/weather/2012/10/26/an-early-halloween-monster-storm/

This is very well written.

I bought a 5000 watt generator this summer. Bring it on, Sandy.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://www.nbc29.com/story/15372795/a-look-inside-louisa-high-school-during-the-quake

6. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

So.... Delaware coast with Jersey and points north and west getting storm surge? Yes? This is the latest?

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Seemingly. Selfishly, I'm breathing a sigh of relief, as I have travels to Myrtle Beach today and Miami next Wednesday. Will be rainy tomorrow on the Grand Strand, but not hurricane-y.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Check this shit out.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Who here lives in Delaware?

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I contend Delware doesn't actually exist.

Draft saved Draft deleted