1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey Whitlock!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jeff_Rake, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Jeff_Rake

Jeff_Rake Member

Trent Green goes down, and no mention of Jeff George in today's column?

You cost me $10

I got double if the ENTIRE column was devoted to J.G.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Well, it did take him three or four days to pen the Geroge column once he signed with the Raiders. Yesterday he did have that miserable performance to provide for a nice Herm-bashing column. Give him a couple more days.

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

What about Jeff George in a Green Bay Packers uniform? LOL

4. sorry, jeff... if you ever see me at an event, you can get a round of drinks on me... i had to raise my pimp hand yesterday... couldn't toss in any humor.

where's shockey? i told him i'd write a book on how to deal with herm... chapter one was published this morning.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

i'm right here, jason. i posted on another jw thread, offering my props and welcoming you to the world of the worst sideline coach in the nfl. the fodder for you has just begun. have a good time.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Jeff, Herm is conservative, but generally he has been a reflection of his offensive coordinator (Paul Hackett, who tried to play a game not suited to the talent he had) or the talent he is working with. If I was coaching the Chiefs, I'd turn into Marty Shottenheimer, too. A good running back, one of the best offensive lines in the league (even with Willie Roaf moving on) and no true number one receiver. I only saw a few minutes of the Chiefs-KC game, so I can't comment on the job Herm did. But saying that he is going to play martyball with a team that probably should be playing martyball doesn't seem all that bad a thing to me.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Jeff George IS in a Green Bay Packers uniform. He started against the Bears yesterday.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Well we learn that Whitlock is a man of his word - When he was kissing Herm's ass this past winter we had our doubts if he would ever take him out after the first clock snafu.

He said he would and he has. When I read column I had to go back to check to see if it wasn't a column by Steve Serby in in NY POST from previous years.

It could not be a worse start for Herm - He has started where he left off with the Jets. In the end just an awful coach.

Paul Hackett will probably soon be relieved of his duties in Tampa so he will be joining the Chiefs shortly.

Hackett - when most NFL teams try to get off about 55- 60 plays on offense - the Jets would get off about 40 on a good day. Edwards and Hackett coach by fear and end up with more mistakes.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I just read Whitlock's column. As I said, I saw only a few minutes of the game. Maybe I will watch it tomorrow. 3rd and 5 and running the ball up the gut for the fifth consecutive time is just bad play calling. I can't imagine what was going on on that sideline. The explanation of not knowing the down or how many yards they needed--incompetance--actually makes more sense than "that was Herm being Herm." Cause even Herm isn't that much Herm.

And the Chiefs line did take a hit losing Roaf and John Welbourn. The left side of their line used to be godly and even the right side of their line is getting pretty old now. But I can easily rattle off at least 20 teams (and several more that are more debatable) that would trade lines with them. I can name maybe a handful of teams that would trade receivers with them, though.

10. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

The Bears.

That's a credit to Jerry Angelo and his refusal to address the position in the early rounds of the draft/through free agency at any time.

Also see: Bears, Chicago -- tight end

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yeah, you know, that 49-yard touchdown to Berrian on Sunday never happened.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Either did Muhammad going over 100 yards.

Or the tight end being utilized more than I can remember in the last few years.

Granted, the receiving corps is not stellar, but it contains more playmakers than the Chiefs'.

Draft saved Draft deleted