1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey UHaul, USuck

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MertWindu, Aug 26, 2007.

1. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

OK, so, I'm moving next Sunday. For the second time in three weeks, mind you. So I'm already fired up about life. Last night, went to the UHaul site, and despite the fact that I'll be moving near Boston on Labor Day, apparently there is a 17-foot truck that isn't being filled up by some college student's gear. Awesome, reservation all set up, great price, they'll call me (this) morning to confirm.

1 p.m. today, I get the call, private number so I didn't pick up. Message left with my confirmation number. "Call us back by 5 to confirm" they say. OK.

4:30, finally have a minute to make the call.

"ThankyouforcallingUhauljklasdglkjkaghold?"

Um, what? No, I don't need to be towed, I'm calling to confirm a reservation.

"OK sir, can you hold please?"

Oh, sure.

4:35

"(silence)"

Um, shit.

4:40: time for the budget meeting at work, gotta get off the line.

4:50: OK, let's give this another try.

"ThankyouforcallingUhaulwillyoupleasehold?"

Sure, buddy.

5:46. FIVE, FUCKING, GET THE SHIT OUT OF HERE, FORTY-SIX, I've been on hold for 56 Goddamn minutes, "Sir, can we call you back?"

Uh, what? Yeah, fine.

"OK, we'll call you right back.

5:50: "Hi sir, this is Jasdgaskjlg from UHaul, how can I help you?"

"I need to confirm my reservation."

5:50:27: OK, thank you sir, you're all set for next Sunday.

I don't even know who to be angry at, because when the dude called me back, I could hear kids screaming in the background. I think he might have gone home to call me. Um, what?

If that truck isn't ready at 9 a.m. Sunday morning, well, everyone here gets to say they know someone in the big house for murder.

Unbefuckinglievable.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Do you need a pedicure? :D

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

So, let's see, you don't answer their call but it's their fault that they're busy when you call back?

Boo-fucking-hoo!

4. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Knew that was coming when I'd seen you had posted. Hey, guess who's getting money out of this transaction? Oh, that's right, them.

Bedtime yet?

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Better hope someone turns their truck in on time too. When a buddy of mine was moving, the person who had the truck before him didn't. Dude was a couple of hours late actually. And my friend had to sit there and wait.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

You didn't have 5 minutes between 1 p.m. and 4:30 to call back?
    When they said call by 5, why didn't you just wait til 4:59...
    douchebag.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Mert, need a hand?

To be honest, I'm surprised you found anything this late in the game. Given the Sept. 1 ridiculousness in Boston with every NU/BU/Harvard/BC/Emerson/Suffolk punk moving back on campus, I was sure almost everything was gone.

8. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Wow, go fuck yourself, prick. God, sorry to have entered your personal airspace and fucked with your universe. Cranky motherfucker. I wanted to call earlier, but I had to get a birthday gift for my goddaughter, I had to get ready for work, and I had to drive the 30-35 minutes to the office. Then, when there, I had to set some shit up at work. I didn't expect that what turned out to be a 20 second process would require an hour of my time. The math makes sense to me, and I'm sure it makes sense to other people who aren't so sorely in need of a blowjob, but then again, you have your MO on here, and I'm not about to tell you you shouldn't. But thanks for chiming in, tough guy.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I don't know...I usually call while driving, or walking through a store.

Just saying.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Poor baby got put on hold.
    Fuck you, you whiny little shit.

Can't wait to hear you cry next week when you spend two hours standing in line when you return the truck.

11. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I wanted to be able to write things down if necessary, otherwise I would have too.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Nah, mert was too busy for them .. but they're supposed to be waiting for his call with bated breath.

Draft saved Draft deleted