1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey, Taco Bell, "Where's the Beef?"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jan 24, 2011.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I'm East Coast, born and raised (Holla 'atcha boy). Tried In-N-Out on my honeymoon and maybe it was because I was starving, maybe it was because this particular joint over on Sunset Blvd was hitting or maybe it was just because I had never tried it before but that s**t was off the hook.

Sorry, re-watching the Wire so the lingo is in my head.

Anyway, what I meant to say was I tried them on my honeymoon and they made a pretty good burger. I could live without the fries but they're fries and I rarely notice them unless they're too cold.

3. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

Reading this makes me glad I "Eat mor Chikin"

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Taco Johns is certainly still around throughout most of the midwest anyways. Didn't even know they existed until I drove to Chicago from Alberta this October, and then it became a must for my buddy and I to stop at one every day if we could find it. I was quite surprised. My favourite taco place though is Taco Time -- their mexi-fries deluxe may just about be the greatest thing available at a fast food mexican joint today. incredibly unhealthy I'm sure, but so delicious.

5. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

They're fine to put into a beef taco whatever they want; just don't call it beef if only one-third of the product is actual meat. That's fraud.

6. Jersey_Guy

Jersey_Guy Active Member

Dude, this is Taco Bell, not Bernie Madoff.

You paid 69 cents for the taco. If it was fraud, it was very, very inconsequential fraud.

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

And is that real cheese on the cracker?

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

What if you bought a billion of them?

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If there's cheese on the cracker, I'm seeing a doctor.

10. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

Then you should shoot yourself in the face, because you're too stupid to live.

11. derwood

derwood Active Member

Five Guys is just terrible. Their calorie counts are off the charts. Hopefully, rest of the country follows NYC's lead and makes them disclose calorie counts on the menus.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

California started this year too

Draft saved Draft deleted