1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey, Taco Bell, "Where's the Beef?"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

We don't have Chipotle up here but I went to one while on vacay in the US last summer and while it was great, it was pretty pricey. Haven't been to a Taco Bell in eons. Mexican places don't do much up here, there was a horrific chain called Chi Chi's back when I was in high school that was only good for getting thoroughly fucked on margaritas when I was 17.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Five guys is good, not great. And, yeah, the first time I went I got a double when a single would have been fine.

I've got a place closer to me, with better parking called Epic Burger. Similar premise.

Here are their first two rules:

Chipotle is pretty good. I only recently "discovered" them and now stop in once a week or so when I'm on the road and spot one. There's plenty of them in strip malls around here.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

At 36 percent, it's not beefy-- it's beef-like.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Mmmmm, haggis.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

6. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Chipotle is NOT Mexican food, but if you want a dish of rice, beans and meat with various toppings, there are worse ways to go.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'd agree with this statement.

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Amen.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Why do you think black guys don't eat it?

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I'd rather have more oats than meat. It's not like you would have quality meat anyway. No worse than the shit they served us in school.

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

You know, at 36 percent content, you'd think some bright guy would say "Hey, let's eliminate all the beef, we don't have much further to go. Then, we could market our food as vegan!"

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Mmmmmmmmmm Taco Bell.

Draft saved Draft deleted