1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

(Hey! No one's talking about) CFL 2008 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Jul 27, 2008.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I didn't see one created yet, so let me be the jackass to begin this year's thread (our friends in Canada would appreciate it).

The Argonauts and Roughriders are in a rain delay right now (Toronto up 4-0 at the end of the 1st QTR) and TSN showed highights from the Winnipeg/Calgary game. I knew Ryan Dinwiddie was a winner when he was at Boise State, but good gosh! 450 yards!?!?! And the game winning-TD pass to boot?

Thank god the MyNetwork station in my town is finally carrying the games again. They missed the first four weeks of the season showing The Cisco Kid reruns ad nauseum.

So, my fellow hosers up north, what did I miss so far early in the season, eh?

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hamilton beat the Argos. Other than that they're still pathetic.

Argos have a QB controversy.

Saskatchewan is the team to beat again.

TSN is broadcasting every single game and for the first time since 1952, CBC will not be broadcasting The Grey Cup.

There's what, two of you in the USA watching CFL football? :)

3. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

They had a thread at the start of the season, but I don't think it made it out of Week 2.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

There aren't enough posters (including some of the Canadians) who care about the CFL. It'd end up being a conversation between about three people.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

A rain delay? In a football game?!?

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

The thread died because the Blue Bombers tanked out of the gate.

/go Winnipeg

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Do you guys think the Baltimore Football Club will do well this year?

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Birmingham will kick its (their?) ass.

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Yeah football players get skitish about big thunder and lightning storms that roll through past the stadium.

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Also some how - against all reason or logic - my Eskimos are 3-2 on the season. They've had leads late in four of them and have done their best to blow them - actually succeeded once against the Argos. Could somehow easily be 4-1.
    Still Maciocia needs to be fired, the thing that scares me is if/when this happens, they will promote Hugh Campbell Jr. to the head coaching post from Defensive coordinator. I actually have nightmares about it.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

We walked into the pub after ball the other night just in time to see the Stamps give up the winning touchdown to the Bombers. 20 or so seconds left ... at least the waitress let us order the game-night wing special.

12. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Draft saved Draft deleted