1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey Nancy Is the War Over Yet?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, May 23, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Some additional comments regarding all of this.

First any of the presidential contenders who vote against this newest bill and hammer out exactly why they did so will likely get a boost in their campaign. I can't see it happening any other way. This war will always be W's and it's always going to be extremely hard for the GOP candidate in '08 to win because of it. But myself, and most other Americans, don't want to wait until '08 for something to happen. The dems said something would happen if they won. They did. And little is happening.

Also, Murtha, and for that matter Steny "do nothing" Hoyer are pretty worthless. They get in all the pictures but aren't worth the fancy suits they gussy themselves up with.

Lastly, Jim Webb is the fucking man. I hope he runs for President someday because he always says exactly the right thing, whether it's on the war or gas prices or whatever. And none of it is phoney, he just tells it how it is.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Outing Alert:

Boom is Keith Olbermann.

3. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

CONFIDENTIAL

May 24, 2007

Dear Insurgents:

United States forces will be out of Iraq on Jan. 1, 2008. Please plan your bombings and other terror-related activites accordingly.

Sincerely,
    Nancy Pelosi

cc: al-Qaida

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I don't get this. The Democrats stand up for stopping the war, but they're branded as unpatriotic to the troops. Now they compromise some, and they're labled as weak-kneed and traitors to their party.

There's no pleasing some people, no matter what's done. And clearly, quite a few of those "some people" post on this board. Enjoy it.

Meanwhile, there's real Americans dying in Iraq and real families back home here who are suffering one of the worst anguishes possible while we're debating political ramifications like a bunch of unfeeling slugs.

God Bless America, indeed.

5. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Politically, this ain't gonna hurt the Dems that much. When Iraq continues to be a clusterfuck, Joe Six Pack will still know where to squarely put the blame.

As someone who follows the process closely, it makes me retch.

Democratic Party core principles? I'll embrace and defend them to the end.

The current crop of Democrats in Washington? No use for them.

Pathetic. The GOP must wake up every morning, walk up to its bound and gagged Jesus Christ and thank Him that this mushy-oatmeal party is its "opposition."

If you won't stand up to a fraud and 10 cent-thug of a president with a 28 percent approval rating on a war more than 70 percent of the nation opposes, then when will you stand up to him?

The Dems do this kind of capitulation shit all the time, on issues in which clear majorities of Americans support, from health care to taxes to the environment to public education.

As Molly Ivins once said, we have a government by special interests, of special interests and for special interests, and that ain't gonna change until we change the way campaigns are financed.

That said, some of the posts from the right on here are humorous. The Democrats betray America on the few instances they stand up to Bush, and they betray America when they don't.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Dog, as long as they're blowing each other up instead of our guys, that's fine. We've done our damnedest to get shit going again and they want to keep sabotaging it. No matter how much new stuff you build to jumpstart everything, if they keep blowing it all up it's not going to get done. If they want to blow their neighbors up, well, how long do you want to put our troops in the way of that instead?

7. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Dear Nancy,

Thanks for the tip, but the insurgents are bogging the world's mightiest military down in Iraq, and worldwide terrorism is at an all-time high. We couldn't be any more productive if the fucktards running your war had given us the blueprints.

Sincerely,
    Insurgents
    Al-Qaeda

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

WFW, Alley.

Though, I will remember some of the Democrats votes on this. It isn't a dealbreaker, necessarily, but I will remember.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I can't quite figure out what to make of this.

Right now there are 140+ attacks every day in Iraq . . . with America caught in the middle.

If we leave there will be dozens of attacks every day in Iraq . . . WITHOUT America caught in the middle.

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Exactly. This is why this shouldn't really be an issue. What we have is an incredibly well run PR campaign for the Republicans and Democrats seem to have hired the creators of Pets.com.

11. Some day, Boom, the "democrat party" will actually exist outside your fevered little brain.

The DEMOCRATIC PARTY has its own problems, alas.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/24/washington/24cong.html?_r=1&adxnnl=1&oref=slogin&ref=washington&adxnnlx=1180032180-oV7Lc1NV1Ls4HU6725EcYg

Jesus. More people have to die so the Republicans won't yell and call us names?
    Fuckabuncha etc.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I don't hear any talk about how much Blackwater cost.

Draft saved Draft deleted