1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey Lions fans ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bubbler, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

... this is on ESPN2 right now ...

[​IMG]

NFL's Greatest Games: The 1993 playoffs: Packers at Lions.

Still the greatest throw I've ever seen. And nice to see an underrated game gets its due.

Plus, it gives a rare opportunity to give Lions fans shit. :D

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

It beats the 2 millionth showing of Packers-Niners from 1998. That game sucked until the last play. It need not be shown.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

How could he have possibly fit that ball in there with such tight coverage?

4. pallister

pallister Guest

I was playing in a foosball tournament that day and didn't see a single play until I happened to walk past the lone big screen just as Young threw the ball. Perfect timing all the way around.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I remember that one. I listened to the first half on the radio, on the way home from Arrowhead Stadium, where the Chiefs rallied to beat the Steelers 27-24 in overtime. I went with three friends, all Chiefs fans, who sat quiet for the first three-plus quarters when the Steelers were handing it to them. Then the choke came.

Anyway, we went to a friend's house to watch that game. Tired from the early start, the freezing cold, the emotion from the game we went and the heavy traffic to get home, we all dozed off during that game. We perked up just in time to see Favre get it together -- which included that amazing throw. I swear that ball never was going to come down.

6. Bubbler

By that I mean, it's rare for the Lions to be in any position to be given shit, other than their shittiness.

At least when you fuck with Vikings fans you can whip out these gems ...

(Sadly, our live action Nate Poole board fave has been removed by Youtube)

Or Bears fans can always suck on this (Gutter, use this at your leisure) ...

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Over the line of fucking scrimmage!

8. Bubbler

Let Pallister be the first to declare!

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

That would be Kevin Scott (38), a fourth-round loser from Stanford, getting torched, by the way. That Fontes had him in the game at that critical point is part of why he catches so much shit.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Hey, speaking of bad calls, has there been any talk around here about the officiating in last year's Super Bowl?

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Don't even go there. Just don't.

12. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Fitting that the local paper has a lit sign in the background. It gets toasted all the time, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted