1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey Keith What Do You Think Of Tom Coughlin Now ?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Watching the Giants D ramsack the 49ers makes me wonder if NBC who was so critical of Coughlin in week 1 will now give him proper praise for Giants success so far.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I'm pretty sure NBC wasn't alone in criticizing Coughlin.

Also, what exactly have the Giants won this season? Six games? Let's hold off before we say they're one of the NFL's real good teams.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Once again the definitive word from the elder statesman of SJ. HB you have become SJ's Dave Anderson.

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I call dibs on using "ramsack" in my next story. Especially if it's about Deacon Jones or Jack Youngblood.

5. Still nutty.
    The explosion is coming. Wait and see.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Wow.

After they got by the Redskins, rest of first-half sked's a complete joke.

See me after they play the 'Boys 11/11.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Besides the Packers and the Cowboys, who's better in the NFC?

8. Joel_Goodsen

Joel_Goodsen Member

Um, does it really matter? The AFC has at least four teams -- Patriots, Chargers, Steelers and Colts who are better than any team from the NFC could dream of being. And yes, the Chargers struggled early but they are going to get rolling, they have way too much talent not to.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Combined record of the 5 teams the Ginats have beaten = 10-22.
    Only the mediocre at best Redskins (4-2) have a winning record.

Add 0-7 Miami next week and the Giants will hit the mid-point 6-2, having beaten one winning team and with their 6 wins over teams who have lost more than 30 games

Somehow, I am not impressed.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Giants could start this season at 6-2. Giants started last season 6-2.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I'd grant you as much if Coughlin showed any evidence of being human.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

the giants are going to be 6-2. they've beaten several bad teams the way good teams are supposed to in a year in which their coach was allegedly on the way out and universally despised from within and by the n.y. media.

those who hesitate to give coughlin some credit are just being stubborn. who knows if they're the best in the nfc, or just in the top four or five in a bad conference? they were supposed to be nowhere without tiki. coughlin seems to have changed at least a bit. he hired a new defensive coordinator who plays an aggressive style the players love. are the giants a great team? heck, no. but do they appear much improved? hell, yes.

does coughlin deserve a load of credit? you bet.

Draft saved Draft deleted