1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey Kansas City - How's Herm Look Now?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ThomsonONE, Sep 22, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Excellent.

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Croyle?

3. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

Doesn't Herm have more job security than any coach in the AFC not named Belichick, Shanahan or Dungy? Maybe not long-term, but certainly for the next year or two. The Chiefs went into the season (maybe I'm wrong) openly willing to rebuild. They knew it'd be a tough, terrible season.

None of this should shock anybody, owner included.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

It could be worse, it could be St. Louis with the worst offence and defence in the league.

5. steve fuller?

6. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

That will solve what in the next five years? Kansas City is a franchise YEARS away from competing.

7. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Todd Blackledge.

8. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

I think the Packers and Broncos did a great job. They timed it perfectly, bringing their QB's up when the rest of the team was built for success.

By the time these young Chiefs are ready to roll in 2010, they'll still probably be trying to identify their QB of the future.

9. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

The Jets, on the other hand, replaced one fraud with another. At least under Herm the Jets had something resembling a pass rush.

My question, and this is in all seriousness, why the venom for Herm Edwards? It's not like he's the first below average NFL coach to be recycled.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

For me the venom comes from the way in which he handled his departure from the Jets

11. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Croyle was the last one drafted, so that's not really a big shocker. Blackledge was the last QB the team took in the first round to start for the Chiefs.

12. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Hell of an endorsement. The venom is because this thread is about Edwards, not the other recyclables.

Draft saved Draft deleted