1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey Jonesy, I'm paying your salary

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Jan 3, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Got a thing in the mail today from Esquire, offering me a special research rate of $5.98 for a year's worth of the magazine.
    So dammit, I expect to get my money's worth... That's U.S. dollars, too, pal... none of this loonie-toonie shtuff....

2. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I'd pay double if they got rid of Klosterman and Junod.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

$5.98 for a year?! You ain't paying Jones' salary, you're stealing from him.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Frank, I think Junod is the one thing we vehemently disagree about on this board. Which is about 17 fewer things than I vehemently disagree with most about on here. (what a terrible sentence. I apologize)

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's also $10.98 for 2 years... is that like second prize is two weeks in Philadelphia?

6. Frank_Ridgeway

Yeah, you said I was dead to you. What, are you holding a seance now?

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Ha. There are few people ACTUALLY dead to me. I just vehemently disagree with you. However, that's the joy of writing...so subjective. I mean, shit. My boss actually thinks I don't suck.

8. Frank_Ridgeway

I'd kind of like to be a poltergeist.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Hmmm...that movie freaked me out. So I can't say I'd be a big fan of that.

But if that's what you want, then go for it!

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The insert comes with jokes and tips...

"A chicken and an egg are laying in bed. The chicken is smoking a cigarette with a very satisfying smile on his face. The egg is frowning and looking frustrated..
    The egg says, "Guess we answered that question."

"One night, a man rolls over in bed, giving his wife a big grin. She says, 'Not tonight, honey. I have a gynecologists appointment tomorrow. I want to stay fresh and clean. The man, feeling rejected, rolls over and tries to go to sleep. A few minutes later, he rolls over again and asks his wife, 'Do you have a dentist's appointment tomorrow?'"

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Quit your bitching, I'm paying $7.99 per year!

But if Jones buys me a beer at one of the SportsJournalists.com outings, I'll not file a lawsuit against Esquire.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

sucker....

Draft saved Draft deleted