1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey Dick Cheney, choke on this you coward.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, Aug 22, 2007.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

While W is planning a wedding, this is the wedding photo of an Iraq War Vet. I'm sure W is completely clueless about this but Dick Cheney doesn't care.

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2007/08/21/arts/20070822_BERMAN_SLIDESHOW_index.html

And as one mother said in the paper yesterday, "I am planning for a funeral while Bush is planning a wedding."

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Article about that pic here:

http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/2007/03/10/berman_photo/

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Very sad, to say the least. But should any President who sends the military off to war postpone any wedding, birth, baptism, etc. in his family.

The hatred of some on this board is over the top and not only borders on, but goes beyond irrationality.

And I read the story on salon. My question is this: Does the suicide bomber who blew up the kid's vehicle and started the fire that maimed him bear any responsibility?

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That is a haunted look in the bride's eyes.

I think that's what's so compelling about the photograph, is that your natural aversion to his injuries leads you to her.

But there isn't anything good, there, either. At least, not in that moment.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Funny, hondo, because truly I have been thinking that this administration has pretty much skated as far as the real disgust they have fully earned from the public.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Or, maybe, you know, we shouldn't have entered a war under false pretense and made our soliders even bigger targets than they were beforehand.

but that's right. nothing's Bush's fault. When all else fails and you know you've got nothing rational left to argue, mention the suicide bomber. Nice move. Keep Lee Greenwood on repeat.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

8. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

I honestly wonder, for some of you who post here, if there is any thing that could ever make you acknowledge an error by this administration. I voted for Clinton twice, but I've got no problem acknowledging he had a number of fuckups. Why is it so hard to admit W has screwed up royally?

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Because no one wants to admit they were wrong?

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Hey, the only thing worse than being wrong is admitting it.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You should clarify that to the "real disgust" they have earned from you and those who share your opinions, which is not 100 percent of the public. And someone cite a time when Bill Clinton admitted he was wrong about anything. After all, he's the guy who tried to surpress parts of the ABC movie about 9-11.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted