1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey Bruce fans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by finishthehat, Apr 8, 2009.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Are we still waiting for a thread to pick up on the alleged adultery cited in a court case in .. new york, i think?

The odd thing to me, the woman looked just like Bruce's wife and isn't really that much younger.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

No evidence other than the allegations of an estranged husband in a divorce case, seeking to get out of paying alimony.

Does that mean it might not be true? Of course not. But the bullshit meter rings at about a 6.8 on this one.

Even if it is true, unless you are currently getting into Bruce Springsteen's pants or plan to attempt to do so in the future, it's of no interest.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I'll be there in spirit. Can't get a ticket (for face value) and with the clusterfuck that was the onsale - read about it here - I'm not trying for tickets in the parking lot. It's the first time since becoming a fan in the 1980s that I've been completely shut out of a Meadowlands stand.

4. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I would loved to have gone to these shows but I'm just going to be happy with the two I had on this leg. And maybe try for those Giants Stadium shows just announced. I just realized that I promised a full report from Penn State/State College show and never delivered. Never fear: Another great great show. Max on drums the whole time and he was a man possessed. I think he was realizing at that point that his days with the ESJ were numbered. The crowd was wild. We didn't do the pit this time (missed the up-close-and-personal) but were very happy to have great seats that came via a late drop. I have a feeling we were in the area where all the big hoo-ha's for Penn State were because there were a lot of old, rich-looking alums who weren't standing or dancing or anything. Probably some turned the tix back in is why we got the drop. Anyway, we got the tour premiere of "This Life," which was absolutely fabulous and then in the request spots: "Ramrod," which is always fun and the unbelievable "My Generation" complete with stuttering by Bruce and bass solo by Gary. And then a 7-song encore with "Jungleland" and "Detroit Medley" and "Wooly Bully." Amazing. Only disappointment was he didn't do "Lions Den," which he apparently did in last Penn State show. But the band was on fire. Don't miss them when they come back from Europe for Leg No. 3.

Oh yeah, and Estreetjoe, I just saw on Backstreets that GAs are dropping for tonight if you still want to go ...

5. lono

lono Active Member

Mrs. Lono and I will be taking in the closing show(s) at Giants Stadium. :D

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

For the first time in over 20 years, I didn't attend a single show in one of his stints at the Swamp. Thought I'd be out of the country on business on Thursday and had a family thing which just ended today.

7. Really hoping he adds a Detroit or Cleveland show later in the fall. I'm dying here in the midwest, shut out so far from this seemingly excellent tour.

8. EStreetJoe

GAs dropping at 5 are worthless. I wouldn't make it up there, park and walk from the stadium to the arena and deal with will call until close 7 or later, so I'd be on the back of the floor.
    At 5 I had made the decision to stay home and had already fired up the grill.
    It's always a great evening when you can read your son a bedtime story and put him down in the crib.

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Seems to play a big role on the Kobe thread. Not for me, of course. Just askin'.

10. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Well, he promised in his Super Bowl press conference to do Detroit and Cleveland on the third leg so I'm holding him to it. And I plan to do the doubleheader for sure. I'm really glad we committed to the travel to Greensboro and State College though. It was amazing.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

sorry you were shut out tonight, estreet. tonight was, in a word, superb.

bruce, the band and the crowd were on fire from the get-go. great solo efforts from nils, roy and max, in particular, with the usual sharp sax work from clarence. a brilliant rendition of "something in the night" was an early highlight for me. later on. he dusted off "cover me," a staple from the "born in the usa" days seldom performed in recent years.

THREE songs from "wild and innocent," for old-timers like myself. "thunder road" in the request portion, which included "good lovin'."

those who went to both jersey shows thursday and tonight were treated to 10 different songs on night 2. i'm forgetting some other highlights from tonight, but trust me: it was as good as it gets, imho.

check out the setlists:

http://backstreets.com/setlists.html

i'm going to pass on the giants stadium shows in the fall. can't imagine them topping what i saw earlier this month at nassau coliseum and tonight. what a 59-year-old freak of nature this man is.

12. EStreetJoe

Right now my sights are set on the final two Giants Stadium shows (I'll have a class on the night of the first one) and my fingers are crossed that the late summer/early fall Philly shows won't be on a Wednesday or Thursday night.

Draft saved Draft deleted