1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey Bruce fans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by finishthehat, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Interesting that last night Bruce sang "Tougher than the Rest", the song that he usually dedicates to Patti for their anniversary or her birthday.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Bruce just wrapped up a pair of great shows in Philly - the second night was superior to the first.
    The second night also included Harry Kalas calling a Bruce Springsteen grand slam - the call and the story behind it can be found here: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inthemix/Harry_Kalas_Calls_Springsteen_Grand_Slam_.html

Night 2 also featured a great cover the Clash's "London Calling"

If anyone has an extra good single ticket for each night they can sell me at the Meadowlands I can hit the century mark for number of shows I've seen.

3. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Would have loved to have heard "London Calling." That time he did it with Elvis, et al was great.

4. EStreetJoe

The internet is an amazing thing..

5. Castaway

Castaway New Member

"London Calling" was awesome last night. Actually the whole show was great (shocking news I know), including Bruce's mother singing a few lines of "Hungry Heart", which probably won't happen at any other shows this tour.

As far as tickets, there are usually tickets released in the last few days before the show. If you're willing to be patient you can probably find some at face value and not have to pay Stubhub prices. Of course Springsteen has been touring every year since 2003 in one form or another, so ticket demand isn't that high in some cities either (outside the northeast U.S. anyway).

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I, myself, am intrigued with the $11428 seat in State College...

7. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

And I just assumed you were linking to the old Bruce/Elvis version. I'm glad i clicked. Thanks.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Need to up the beats-per-minute, Bruce. :eek:

9. EStreetJoe

For those that haven't seen this parody yet, it's a riot:

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

leaving in 30 minutes for bruce's show at nassau coliseum. it will be the best three hours i've had in months ad expect it to be for several more. never have my expectations failed to be met -- covering more than 40 shows in 30 years. ;D ;D ;D

woo-hoo!! will check back with a mini-review later.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

guess that hitler clip/spoof is multi-purposeful. it's oft-used to mock the cowboys after hard losses. never gets old.

ciao, 'til after the show!!! ;D ;D ;D

12. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Hey, I was in Greensboro this weekend for the super party and was in the pit, about two people from the stage and close enough to touch Bruce. Too tired to write a mini-review now because I came straight in to work after flying back this morning but let it be said, Ohio State fans haven't seen "Hang On Sloopy" done right unless they were in the old Coliseum barn Saturday night. Unbelievable show and crowd and he even pulled out "Human Touch." Lots of memories I'll have for a long time from this one.

Draft saved Draft deleted