1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey Bruce fans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by finishthehat, Apr 8, 2009.

1. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

This has probably been asked before, but it's a new tour.

Springsteen is in town tonight. I've got no ticket. What's the best strategy -- go and get scalped (I can miss the opening song if necessary, to get a lower price) or try one of the StubHub-type deals?

Any tips?

Thanks in advance.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It may be too late in the day, but I have gotten tix a number of times the day of a show by looking at Ticketmaster. They often have good seats for Bruce shows which he holds back because of potential sight line issues depending on the stage set up.

Also, try the ticket exchange on backstreets.com -- often true fans who don't want to scalp and may be stuck with an extra.

3. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Is general admission a hassle? Put me in the "I'm too old for this shit" category for the mosh pit, but if it's relatively mellow hanging towards the back I could do that.

EDIT: Never mind...I got a decent seat. The first time I tried the venue site I got a pretty good seat, but it timed out before I could check a seating chart (dumb on my part).

The next half-dozen times I tried it was only GA for the floor. Tried again, and got one about midcourt, ten rows up.

4. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Enjoy the show.

I will listen to the bootleg of his show from 1978. . . awesome bootleg.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I thought for sure this thread was meant as a gathering place for people who enjoy the work of the star of Tron, Babylon 5, and of course, Scarecrow and Mrs. King.

:D :D :D :D ;)

Good luck getting to the show, finishthehat. Have fun.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://www.stubhub.com/bruce-springsteen-tickets/bruce-springsteen-and-the-e-street-band-houston-toyota-center-4-8-2009-789819/

I was curious.

My God, what good prices.

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I'm sure this was just research for a song. An artist must suffer for his work.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009/04/bruce_springsteen_named_as_oth.html

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

places too numerous to mention? It can't be more than three right?

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wait a minute...I thought Bill Belichick was friends with Jon Bon Jovi.

10. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Sure, if you're an amateur.

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I thought maybe the dude was trying to be funny, like his wife follows Springsteen on tour or something.

Like a football widow, but a Springsteen widower.

Guess not.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Bruce goes skin to skin

Draft saved Draft deleted