1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey Boston -- STOP TRADING SANCHEZES!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Sep 7, 2006.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Freddy leads the NL in batting average.

Anibal just tossed a no-hitter and has an ERA that would lead the league if he had pitched enough innings to qualify.

All the Red Sox have to show for getting rid of their Sanchezes is Mike Lowell and Josh Beckett.

NICE JOB, DUMBASSES!

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

According to last night's thread you only post wildly this late at night if you have been drinking. So what is the special occasion, other than being a sportswriter, that has you drinking back-to-back nights?

3. TheSportsPredictor

I am no longer a sportswriter. Well, I play one on the weekends. I still work as a stringer. I don't have to work til 12:45 p.m. EST tomorrow though. I am burning some special CDs for someone. And posting on my blog (I love today's headline). And I have been drinking. And I had a late online fantasy draft. And I'm stupid. You are the only other one still up!

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

And I am drinking, though I have to get up in less than 5 hours because I "have" to play free golf during media day for a Nationwide tournament. I'm stupid and I am going to bed. Good luck on the blog.

5. TheSportsPredictor

I was just going to say -- GO TO BED!

6. markvid

markvid Guest

The Pirates didn't even see him as an everyday player. The best thing ever to happen to Freddy was Joe Randa hurting his foot.

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

And I wonder why the Pirates haven't won in 14 years. ::)

They've got to be the worst front office, at least in terms of talent evaluation, in professional sports.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Trey, I cover the Pirates high-A affiliate on a sometimes basis, so I can attest to this.

They had a kid here who was near the top of the Carolina League in hitting and was a borderline All-Star .... and they sent him down to Hickory midseason so someone else could get at-bats at first base. Just a puzzling move. He ended back up here playing left field, but when you're crushing high-A pitching, going back to low-A isn't going to help you.

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Not a surprise, Cosmo.

I don't want to threadjack, but what was your impression of Neil Walker?

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It took him a little while to shake off the rust from the wrist injury, but once he got warm, he started hitting really well. He's got a pretty good arm and they did a nice job of shuttling him between catcher and DH so he wouldn't get too worn out catching.

Had he had a full, healthy first half, he would have dominated. I would think he'd at least be up in Indy by next year.

Good interview, too.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

Where does he fit in, though, if Ronny Paulino continues his success?

12. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

The title of this thread makes me feel dirty.

Draft saved Draft deleted