1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey, AP! Move the damned Daytona agate!!!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Ellis Redding, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Or that the folks at AP New York, and whoever is assigned notes and agate at the track, aren't as smart as us.

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

It's so bad that for night races, we take that list posted earlier in the thread for use on our results grid for first edition. It's either that or we don't get the grid in first edition. We, of course, delete the sponsors.

3. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Given all that happened, while understanding your need for the agate, I can also understand this delay afterward. A lot going on.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Not when it's up there on the NASCAR media site, SF. Doesn't have to be done by anyone at the track; somebody sitting on their hands in New York can input that stuff and get it out by 9:15 p.m.

5. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Ah, you mean the unofficial...Yeah, it would have been nice to have something, certainly.

6. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Didn't AP ship out their agate to STATS or someplace like that in the past year or so? This might not be a New York problem at the source.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

All I know is that I can still call the AP New York number and get agate...

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Fuck you all. Tape the race, and write them down as they cross the line. You should be fine. :)

9. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

14. Guy sliding across the finish line on his roof.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

AP still hasn't moved official agate. I think I'm calling to bitch at this point.

11. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

The last one they sent had all the money but was missing the laps for about 10 drivers.
    I had to run it even though they were still unofficial.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I picked up the missing laps from the report on nascarmedia.com. I mean, it was there, why not use it?

Draft saved Draft deleted