1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Herschel: Hey Spurrier! You and me! Outside! Right now!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, Nov 14, 2007.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Walker takes offense to Darth Visor's dig ...

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/sportscolumns/entries/2007/11/13/herschel_takes.html

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Spurrier could avoid Walker in this scenario: just have a pile of football player to one side, and Herschel would run into them.

No running back found a pile better or quicker than Herschel, at least in the NFL.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Gotta love these two paragraphs.

"A slightly calmer Walker was at the Florida game, but he left long before halftime to catch a flight to Southern California. He was off to develop a reality television show (“I can’t tell you about it yet”) with Hollywood types. Until then, the Wrightsville native will continue to run his profitable food-service business of more than a decade from two cities. There is Dallas, his hometown since his Cowboys days of the latter 1980s, and there is Savannah, where he located with the mind-set of hiring Georgia folks, with Bulldog connections or otherwise.

The man bleeds red and black, which is why he bemoans the fact that his eternal traveling often keeps him from between the hedges."

No, he does NOT "bleed red and black."

People who bleed red and black would not watch less than one half of his team's greatest rivaly game and then leave on personal business.

What, there wasn't a flight to California two hours later? ::)

He's kind of a fan. Nothing more.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Herschel wants a piece of the OBC, he goes through me.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I thought the blog was practically incomprehensible unless you are a Gawga fan.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Herschel's arguably the best player in college football history, but who gives a fuck what he thinks about Spurrier? I'm much more interested in what he said about Knowshon Moreno down in the body of the column.

If anything, Moore should have broken the Spurrier comments out as a separate story/blog entry. But then, pot-stirring is his favorite game. I'm surprised he didn't try to make it into a racial issue.

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Oldie but a goodie for the occasion:
    What's the difference between Steve Spurrier and God?
    God doesn't think he's Steve Spurrier.

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

You know Spurrier will comment on this eventually.

Joe Person, Travis Haney and rest of the South Carolina beat guys, your profession needs you to make this happen.

You have been challenged. Get those damn quotes.

9. I'm still a little surprised someone for Georgia didn't get nailed with an egregious personal foul.

Or, as I call it, the Parys Haralson Treatment.

10. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

What Herschel doesn't seem to grasp is that Spurrier said he'd send someone out to start a fight, not do it himself. Now if Herschel wants to fight a current Gamecock, they could probably get some ratings on ESPNU for that.

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

And Spurrier responds. Sort of.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/uga/stories/2007/11/14/spurrier_1115.html

12. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Spurrier had nothing to say about it tonight, either. Basically said he wasn't going to respond to it and reiterated that he was joking.
    I may be wrong, but I don't believe Spurrier ever used the word "fight" when talking about it the first time around.

Draft saved Draft deleted