1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heroes season ... eh, volume ... er ... 2008-09

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Sep 22, 2008.

1. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

The finale featured the same inconsistencies we've seen all year. The one thing that would have brought me back to the show would have been Peter getting his powers back.
    However, instead of restoring the powers of two of the most powerful characters, Peter and Hiro, they dumb down their abilities and make it permanent. All while making Sylar practically unstoppable, and now one of the good guys, kinda.
    This show needs a lot of help and sadly I won't stick around to find out if it gets it.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'll hazard a guess and say the healing blood wouldn't have helped him since it was all over the floor.
    A casual reference would have been nice, though, like one of the characters asking about it and then say since he bled to death it didn't work.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That's the one thing I've hated about this season. The best thing about the "future" episodes was seeing Peter and Hiro turn into bad guy-flinging, time stopping, sword-playing badasses. It made you wonder how they got that way.
    Now, it seems it apparently came from years of getting stuffed into lockers because they were turned into total pussies first.

4. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

Which brings up something else interesting that they could do. Why not have one of these alternate futures come true. Show us all the kickass shit that leads to some of these characters becoming so great.
    I loved the direction that was going with the first half of the season. Then, they abandonded it.

5. BRoth

BRoth Member

I'm not sure which episodes he directly had a hand in, but Bryan Fuller was supposed to "save" the second half of the season. My favorites from this season were all among the second half, but that's not saying much. There were probably two or three shows this whole season that I really enjoyed and I think he factored in to them.

That being said, I'm interested to what capacity he influenced the final episodes and if he'll be involved next season.

6. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I was watching season 1 the other day, and it was difficult watching such a good show knowing the horrible direction they took things.
    And wow, Suresh had a thick accent the first season.

7. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Bump.

So, I've never seen an episode of Heroes. Not one. Don't really know anything about it, other than that a few friends were really into it at the onset but bailed in the second season. Apparently they were correct to do so.

Here's what I'm wondering, if anyone will humor me...what show can we compare Heroes to? As in, goes from promising and interesting to the worst thing on TV in a couple of years?

8. BRoth

BRoth Member

Alias? Dark Angel? Buffy? Just thinking along sci-fi lines here.

9. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Alias is a good one. Two of the best seasons of television at its time. Season three was terrible and the last two weren't as bad..

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Alias had that great setup: "You've been gone for two years."

Then they dropped clues that indicated that she was an assassin, a baddie, and all that. Then they ran out of ideas and had Bald CIA Dude reveal that she was really on the Side of the Angels the whole time! Yay!

Buffy went bad with the "Riley" season. I wasn't watching by the time they pushed the censors' limits by showing her having sex with Spike every week.

A nomination for Twin Peaks. Amazing first season, disjointed second season as David Lynch stopped caring, but chose to return every once in a while just to get things off track with his strange ideas.

The old Star Trek's first season had some really good stuff. Its third season had Spock's Brain.

Draft saved Draft deleted