1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heroes season ... eh, volume ... er ... 2008-09

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Sep 22, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Season premiere in 45 minutes.

NBC should show them Galactica's clip shows (or even just What The Frak? and tell them to do that instead of all this red-carpet BS.

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

What is up with the Red Carpet crap? That said, I will be watching the premiere.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Heroes is Lost-light, but it is still better than 90 percent of what you pay $10 to see in the theaters.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

Hi, 93devil! :D

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Heroes is amazing. It's like getting a movie each week.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I'll be watching with very low expectations. The last time a creator said "I'm listening to the nerdboys! They have spoken!! I (sort of) blew it the last time around!!!!!" we got Attack of the Clones, easily the worst Star Wars film.

I have heard some rumors about the season, but to me the show that once made me say "Holy crap! They'll kill ANYONE!!!" at the death of Linderman then threw that all away when they let Sylar live. And if you've read the USA Today article from last week, there's more "blech" to come. It went from being a show where no character was safe because they knew they could just create more, to just another litany of "comic book death."

They need to retcon out the whole "Claire's blood" deus ex machina, and I do have a theory as to how they'll do that, and do it early. Hell, they need to retcon most of Season Two away. I fear this whole "Villains" (OOH, SCARY!!!! VILLAINS!! OH NO!!!!) storyline will have the predictable arcs where a hero sort of goes bad, Sylar does something "good" unexpectely, and the whole thing gets tied up with a nice little bow at the end.

This show was awesome up until the first season finale deteriorated into a bland fistfight. It was as if all the geekboys in Hollywood finally had a show they could write for, and those years of ideas were bursting onto the page. It wasn't as good as Lost or galactica; it was lighter fare, set for a mass audience to be shocked at some of the "twists" since they had never read comic books.

Eh . . . I'll watch. Low expectations.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I spent about 10 minutes on Wiki reading up on the last season. I swear this f'ing thread was not started when I started my thread.

8. jps

jps Active Member

at work, but plan on catching it on the net ... though admittedly I have no clue where the hell the story line is now.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

That's OK, jps. Neither do the producers. :D

They have until January to sell me, because after that Jack's back.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

What he said, especially the part about Sylar. Sorry, not attempts at redeeming the serial killer, thank you.

Also dead on with the need to get rid of the gimmick with Claire's blood. If they get rid of it now, fine. If they keep pulling that stunt over and over again, it just gets too ridiculous.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

The recap bits are good. The red carpet BS ... not so much.

With any luck, somebody out there will take this, edit out all the red-carpet, take the behind-the-scenes stuff to the end and put it on YouTube.

And 48 hours later NBC will drop a C-&-D on YouTube. :-\

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If you get G4, they're replaying the new epsiodes on Tuesday nights.

Draft saved Draft deleted