1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Herm the fraud passes the buck again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Jan 2, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Witless Herm fires a bunch of coaches after presiding over a 4-12 team that lost its last nine in a row. Nope. Never Herm's fault.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/426649.html

Two years into his tenure and Herm's "chief" defenders sure are quiet. Nothing from A_F about how he led the Jets to more playoff berths than any other coach in history! I wonder where A_F is lately? BLOGS!!!!

And I wonder where King Clown Whitlock is? Wonder if he's working his corners on Herm? Or just nuzzling his ass?

Oh and the best part? Paul Hackett is rumored to be the new OC. BAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Cause that's worked so well the first 10 times.

You poor fuckin Chiefs fans. You have no idea how low you can go.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Wasn't Hackett Herm's first OC in New York, and wasn't it an utter failure?

I also rememeber his stint in KC trying to coax Elvis Grbac into something more than loose stool.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Paul Hackett in Kansas City again ... a lot of my friends might suddenly have nightmares.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

Dumping Solari and the others isn't near enough.

Herm needs to go.

Carl needs to go.

The entire fucking staff needs to go.

Make one phone call to Foxboro; Ask for permission to speak to McFadden; Hire the son of a bitch.

Bring in Cameron as your O.C.

6. flopflipper

flopflipper Member

Paul Hackett? Seriously? I thought they'd go hard after Cameron. I guess they've got to wait until he gets axed anyway but Paul Hackett? Seriously?

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Mediocrity loves company.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That would explain it if Hackett could ever raise his level to mediocre.

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

How do you really feel about Herm, BYH? :D

Aside from obvious changes at the top, what do the Chiefs need? Do they think Croyle is the future or will they draft someone like Ryan, Bhrom or Woodson?

10. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

As a Chiefs fan, I feel I can safely say, fuck Herm and the horse he rode in on (Peterson).

Clean house. (I realize this isn't going to happen.)

11. Joel_Goodsen

Joel_Goodsen Member

Can someone explain to me how Paul Hackett -- he of destroying the Pitt program, trying to do the same to the USC program, running some of the worst offenses the NFL has ever seen -- continues to get hired?

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

But he's brilliant offensive mind?! Nobody butchers the West Coast offense like he does!

To be fair, though, he had plenty of help destroying Pitt's program. Bringing back what was left of Johnny Majors didn't exactly stop the descent into suckitude.

Draft saved Draft deleted