1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Herm Edwards

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

If more professional coaches could be like this guy instead of acting like Rex Ryan, pro sports would be much more enjoyable to cover and watch.

2. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

Herm Edwards is a shitty, overrated coach.

His career record is 20 games under .500 and he's 2-4 in the playoffs.

Rex Ryan has won twice as many playoff games in two seasons.

Fuck Herm Edwards.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

what makes him a great coach?

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

The guy isn't talking about football. He's talking about life.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

So he's a great life coach and a terrible football coach, then.

Clip says speech took 6:48. I'm sure Herm was aiming for 6:00 but forgot he didn't have a timeout left.

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I can't load the clip for some reason. I'll go find some Tony Robbins instead.

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

This thread is going about as well as expected.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

As in Vegas, Happy Endings cost more.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I doubt covering Herm Edwards was as enjoyable as covering Rex Ryan.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

drip, i have great admiration for herm. always treated me like a gentleman, was kind to one of my boys when i had to bring him with me to a presser one day. i was there from day 1 of herm's tenure at his first presser, soaked up his sound bites jets, fell in love with him as a human being, knew the players would love him AS A PERSON.

herm is a tremendous role model as a man. but sorry, not as a coach. i rrespect him more as a human being than i do 99 percent of all nfl coaches. i just don't regard him as a great football coach.

those clips from the rookie symposium are herm at his best, on top of his game. but being a successful football coach means having a lot to say and to teach AFTER first impressions. sadly, one thing has nothing to do with another. he's sizzle without the steak.

oh, yeah, and comparing him to ryan is a mistake, 'cause rex has all of herm's sizzle plus a pretty good slab of beef. you picked the wrong guy to use as someone herm would be much better to cover for reporters.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

Rex is a buffoon. Herm was a little more intense. But this isn't about coaching x's and o's.
    He's talking real talk, as they say, about life. Listen to the message instead of the messenger.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

drip, you're wrong to call rex a 'buffoon.' i'm far from one of rex's cheerleaders but he is no buffoon.

Draft saved Draft deleted