1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Herm Edwards fired

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Dear Beaker: Belichick admires Shanahan a great deal. They are as professionally close as their natures permit.

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Shanahan: AFC West bitch.

Oh well, so much for cheering for the Chiefs in the near future.

3. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Aah, I didn't realize that. That probably explains the hire then.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

HOW ABOUT ME!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Which means they exchange grunts at the combine. ;D

The reason that surprises me is because Shanahan presumably would not have final say over the roster anymore. With his ego, that would stun me, but maybe for someone with Pioli's track record he'll give that up.

6. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

This should've happened five days ago. As for Shanahan, I've long considered him to be Satan. At least he looks like Satan.

However, it is refreshing to know that if the Chiefs hire him, maybe he'll tell them how to defend the fucking naked bootleg that he used time and again.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Will be shocked if Herm isn't on someone's NFL staff, this fall.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Edwards will take the year off. He'll thoroughly enjoy getting paid $4 mil to do nothing. He'll probably be on TV.

If Pioli waited to see if he could get Shanahan before he fired Edwards, his first move as GM was the right one.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Enjoy the cut blocks twice a year, Broncos!

10. Dignan

Dignan Guest

I knew Herm was in trouble when, on last year's Hard Knocks show, he spent 3 hours drawing a "Welcome to Training Camp" sign that my 5-year-old niece could have done in 3 minutes. A couple players promptly tore it up upon arrival.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

AHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

The league's biggest fraud gets what he has long deserved.

Not only is Mizzou right that Herm won't coach this year, but I'll go far enough to say he'll never coach again. He's too big of an egomaniac douche to accept a coordinator's position, and he's too much of a fraud for ANYONE, except maybe the Raiders, to give him a shot as a head man. The players dont take him seriously and he is competely inadequate on a sideline. He'll be in a TV studio, where frauds like him thrive, forever and ever and ever.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I think this could be a good idea - IF Mike Shanahan can tolerate the idea that Scott Pioli does the things that sunk Shanahan in Denver. If that happens, they should be fine.

But two issues:
    1) Is the AFC West ready for more chop blocks - and can Denver put up with being chop-blocked (Welcome to the division, Mr. McDaniels).
    2) Does fire-engine red go with Shanahan's rather unnatural orange glow?

Draft saved Draft deleted