1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Here's why (this board is dying)

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SockPuppet, Sep 16, 2008.

1. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Thank you, and please, don't forget to tip your waitresses on the way out.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/61195/

And just a few threads above the one already started. Which had actual news its thread title.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Thank you, d_b police. We're on the case from here.

5. imjustagirl

Let me know next time you get snarky with anyone else who points out a d_b and how close it was to the other one. Thanks.

6. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

I was first to post and first to be piled on for headline writing. My day is complete. Thank you and have a nice day.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Nothin' to see here, folks. Turn right one block back, and you'll be back on the interstate before ya know it.

8. imjustagirl

sock, my apologies. I read BYHs before I saw yours, saw his latest posts were within 10 minutes of when yours was started, didn't go to the top.

IT'S MY FAULT.

(saving Moddy the trouble)

9. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

No harm, no fault IJAG.

10. Here is why the "the board is dying."

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/61211/

We have a poster with 10 posts; one of their first is about toilet training. Not a sports writer in need of toilet training, which is certainly a possibilty, but a 2-year-old.
    What would possibly drive someone who wants to toilet train a 2-year-old to a sports journalist board? There are no mom boards (NOT MILF boards!) on the internet?
    I understand the concept and use of the other boards, but I also think they are being abused by non-journos who found this place and squattted. I'm not talking about folks who used to be in the biz and left or who are associated with other forms of journalism - SIDs, writers, radio, TV (ugh!) and such... Not just people who read sports and have opinions (BLOGS!).

For the record, I don't really beleive this board is dying.
    It is far and way my favorite. Especailly when a real journalism thread pops up.

Rant over carry on.

Draft saved Draft deleted