1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Here's how you deal with the swine flu.....send body bags

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Sep 17, 2009.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yup, our idiot Conservative government in Ottawa responded to a northern aboriginal community's request for help in combatting an expected outbreak of H1N1 by sending body bags.

Yup. Body bags.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/expecting-flu-assistance-reserves-get-body-bags-from-ottawa/article1290332/

The federal government was left scrambling late Wednesday to explain the shipments, which also included hand sanitizer, masks and gloves.

Each bag contained full post-mortem kits that included a chin strap, five tie-straps and three identification tags.

The news of the unexpected supplies rippled through remote communities of less than 1,000 people, shocking residents and adding to native leaders' distrust of the federal government's efforts to help them prepare for a resurgence of the virus

The Harper government has never been a supporter of any minorities in this country but this is a new low even for them.

The irony is that the Canadian Health Minister Leona Aglukkaq is an aboriginal.

Shameful.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

My bad cold has a body count.

3. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

I thought it was a rather practical inclusion.

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Is Brownie working up there?

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And they could have also shipped up some shovels to dig the graves.

Even the most accomplished PR flack couldn't spin this one l guess that's the reason Health Minister Aglukkaq has formally (and rightfully) apologized.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Goddamn, that's good.

You're doing a heckuva job, Pancamo.

7. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Good idea! I'm devising a swine flu unsurvival kit as we speak. I can market that shit to death!

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I've got a slogan for you:

Why fight it? Bite it!

9. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

I like it. I keep Flashing back to The Stand and thinking maybe Steven Spielberg knew something he wasn't supposed to know, you know?

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

MacIsaac, will you keep us up to date on your Swine Flu Unsurvival efforts via Twitter?

Follow us @ YouAreFucked!

11. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

I love it. Maybe I'll start a Facebook page, too.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Dead.To.Me.And.Everyone.Else.

Draft saved Draft deleted