1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Here we go again

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by forever_town, Aug 2, 2009.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Some of you may already know this, but my paternal grandmother has Alzheimer's. She "lives" in a nursing home about five-10 minutes away from us.

Anyway, I went out to get birthday cards for my father and his partner today. After I ran another errand, I came back home to find a note from my father. He'd gone to visit my grandmother because she was sick. The nurse wanted to take her to the emergency room, but when the paramedics arrived, they determined that she was doing better than they were led to believe. My father then wouldn't have her taken to the emergency room.

My maternal grandmother was beginning to develop Alzheimer's when she passed. My great aunt has another form of dementia.

I'll be so glad when 2009 is over. This really has been an Annus Horribilis.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'm sorry your year has gone poorly F_T.

I had a rough year a few years back that I'm still traumatized by it. I know it's cliche to say, but just take everything one day at a time, or even an hour at a time if you need to. Good luck.

Draft saved Draft deleted