1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yet another power-screwing of the U.S. by the refs in the semifinal game with Greece.

Greece throwing Red Grange clear-out stiff-arms every trip down the court, running moving screens that look like Vince Lombardi's Packer sweep, and of course the Euro-soccer-pussy arm-flailing, flopping and face-gaping on every possession pays off with the calls by the refs. LeBron and Wade both get two fouls in the space of about three minutes.

You gotta bury these fuckers -- don't allow the game to stay close enough to let the refs fuck you out of it, because if you do, they will.

Fraschilla is clucking approvingly that the U.S. is doing a better job playing "halfcourt position defense," "not gambling,' and "using more of the clock." Yeah, they're also up by 3, on pace to score about 70 points in the game. Terrific.

U.S. down by 4 at halftime.

The thing I've feared has happened -- the U.S. has lost its nerve, quit playing the way it needs to, listened to the simpering and whimpering old fundamentalists pissing and moaning about "gambling defense" and "rushed offense," and gone back to play good old NBA retreat-and-react sludge-ball.

Which will get them beat.

2. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

those six free throws after fouling 3-point shooters also hurt.
    u.s.' transition d really broke down in the second quarter.

and i like that term .... "power screwing"

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

You can't spell "bronze" without "Bron." ;D

4. Starman

More bitching about LeBron.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It’s easy to just randomly update the oldest thread you can find. But to tie it in with something current, that’s a skill.

SFIND likes this.
  6. Starman

Plus one I started in the first place.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
    Fred siegle likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And I still have no idea what the hell we're talking about.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

9/1/06 ... went back to look at anything I have to see what I was doing then.

Was in the Upper Valley (that's near Dartmouth), one of the best little pockets of life in America, both sides of the river, Vermont and New Hampshire.

From a website I post to every so often, here are a few photos just before 9/1/06 and a few months later.

Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 7.54.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 7.54.23 AM.png

I was experimenting with the camera back then.

The shot of the Windsor Vermont triple jumper is OK but would've been so much better without the 2 women.

The snake shot at the Lebanon Farmers Market is hot. Got lucky and anticipated the tongue and got it.

I Should Coco likes this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I thought this was going to be a Tawny Kitaen thread.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I thought this was an OK Go thread.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Dwayne Haskins hadn't even moved to the town where he played high school football yet.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

America was like, Obama who?

Draft saved Draft deleted