1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Her twin is a real pain...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, May 15, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Greek girl, 9, finds out stomachache is really her twin

ASSOCIATED PRESS • May 15, 2008

ATHENS, Greece — A 9-year-old girl taken to a hospital with stomach pains was found to be carrying her embryonic twin, doctors in central Greece said today.

Doctors examined the girl and surgically removed a 2-inch-long growth they later discovered was an embryo.

“They could see on the right side that her belly was swollen, but they didn’t suspect that this tumor would hide an embryo,” said Iakovos Brouskelis, director of Larissa General Hospital.

The girl has made a full recovery, he said.

The embryo was a formed fetus with a head, hair and eyes but no brain or umbilical cord, said Dr. Andreas Markou, head of the pediatric department.

He said cases in which one twin absorbs the other in the womb occurs in one in every 500,000 live births.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Paging David Cronenberg.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Good gawd! What a story.

And Simon...I'm missing the reference. Could you please clue me in (by PM is fine)?

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sounds more like Yawn's twin.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I have twin boys. I don't think I'll send them this story.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

Go Team Venture!

Draft saved Draft deleted