1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Her blue heaven could be less blue. Make it happen!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Hammer Pants, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Friends,

I'm sure most of you know Bill Plaschke's "Her Blue Heaven" story. It's always been one of my absolute favorites, a timeless classic that gives me hope when times in the business don't look good. If you haven't read, please do ASAP. It's well worth your time, even if you're a cynic like me.

Anyway, it seems Plaschke's subject in that story, Sarah Morris, still struggles to type. She still writes with a head pointer to hash out her stories for her Web site (dodgerplace.us) and dodgers.com, if her last update is correct.

There is a paypal account on her site to donate money. I don't know how close she is to the $8,500 needed for the "augmentative alternative communication device," but I know some of us can help make that happen, even in tough times for the industry. Here's someone in our business who has it worse than most. Times are tough, especially in households with children and two furloughed or laid-off parents, but I think some of us can make this happen.

http://dodgerplace.us./
    Above is the line to her site, with the Paypal account. I am going to donate tomorrow, when some of my bills get taken out and I see how much I have to give.

If you need motivation to donate, here is Plaschke's initial story about Morris...
    http://webapp1.latimes.com/yourtimes/media_personalities/sprt_bp_story.html

Thanks again...

Draft saved Draft deleted