1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help writing a new hire press release

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by mustangj17, Sep 2, 2010.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I've been charged with the task of writing two press releases for two new hires. I've never written one before. The templates we have from the last corporate communications are shit. Does anyone have a template they could share or PM to me? It would be greatly appreciated.

The press releases are for some high-level positions like CIO, and CFO, so I really can't shit the bed on this one.

Oh, and they are due in an hour. Thanks.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So I got the job?

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Welp, you can probably have mine in about an hour when I don't finish these...

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If I were you, I would quickly look online for similar press releases from a couple of well-regarded companies and borrow the best of those.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Welp finished 'em. Still have a job I guess. Missed deadline by 20 minutes. Guess that's what happens when my boss gives me the assignment with an hour to go. Not my fault he needs to approve everything before his monthlong trip to Israel.

Draft saved Draft deleted