1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help SJ.com!!! - Sesame Place in Philly

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Apr 27, 2010.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I am trying to do all the research I can online, but I know the best advice comes from SportsJournalists.com.

I will be going with the wife and Lil 93 (2 1/2 at the time of the trip) for a Thurs, Fri and Stat trip. I need some pointers.

Do we get the Abby line pass? Strollers? Lockers?

Will we stay on the water side more? Can we leave the stroller unattended?

Can you hit the water then hit a show?

Help!!!

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I haven't been with my kids yet. I remember loving that place as a kid.

Have a great time.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Say hi to Big Bird and leave flowers at Mr. Hooper's grave.

And don't drop the soap in front of Bert.

4. Mizzougrad96

So is Bert a top and Ernie's a bottom? :D

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I live about 20 minutes from there and will be taking Little E (who is presently 17 months old) there for the first time this summer (or grandma who lives around the corner will be taking him while mommy & I work)

I wouldn't leave the stroller unattended.

A friend who has gone with his kids says to try to get a reservation on one of the cabanas next to Count's SplashDown tower. There's only a dozen or so of them, but it gives you a place to change and stow stuff and they go fast.

Don't know about the Abby Line Pass, so I can't help you there. It can't hurt to get a locker.

If you want to avoid crowds, go later in the day - then again, I don't know what the show schedule is so I don't know how helpful that advice is.

PM with details of when/where you're staying and I'll send you some info for other kid-friendly events that are in the area.

6. Mizzougrad96

I think anytime you're dealing with amusement parks and kids the best advice is always to go during the week.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

We are going there Wed, Thurs and Fri and seeing Philly on Sat.

Too many horror stories about the weekend lines.

8. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

It's been quite a few years since my kids were young enough, but I've spent more than a little time there. My experience, you can rent anything (stroller, etc.) Locker wouldn't hurt, though I never did that. Water side is seductive if the weather's hot. You probably know this, but I'd bring along snacky stuff, the food there is ballpark-expensive. My kids always liked the inner tube-floaty thing the best.

You'll be in Bucks County, so I'd schedule an evening to walk around New Hope and eat there, if budget permits.

9. Mizzougrad96

Since it's in Philly, can you throw batteries at Elmo?

10. EStreetJoe

It's in the Philly suburbs where they don't do that sort of thing :D

11. EStreetJoe

In Philly, in addition to the historical sites, am I safe in assuming you're planning to hit the Please Touch Museum and Franklin Institute?

12. EStreetJoe

Lambertville is also a nice town to walk around if you go to New Hope - just walk across the bridge from Pennsylvania into New Jersey.

You'll be right across the river from Trenton as well, so check if the Thunder are home at the time. A night at a AA baseball game is always fun.

In addition to a walk around New Hope (and possibly seeing the IvyLand Railroad) you're close enough for the short drive across the river to Princeton and an evening walk around there is nice as well.

There are also a ton of (chain) restaurants walking distance from Sesame Place and a few nice local restaurants less than a 5 minute drive from there.

Draft saved Draft deleted